Hello Tsikot Experts,

I'm a new user here and I've been browsing the forums for a couple of days now.

First off, I have ZERO knowledge about cars. In fact, I'm embarrassed to say it, but I'm a 35 years old guy that doesn't even know how to drive yet. THAT'S how ZERO knowledgeable I am about cars. I'm a late bloomer, I know. I like to justify to myself that I've been too busy at work saving up money to actually go buy a car, LOL.

Having said that, I am in need of your expert advise.

I'm buying my FIRST CAR in the next few months (I guess at my age, it's about effin' time). My BUDGET is less than 1 million.

My un-educated OPTIONS are (in order of priority) :

1. Hyundai Elantra 1.8 L GL A/T - Php 958,000.00
  2. Honda Jazz 1.5 EX AT (Special Edition) - Php 899,000.00
  3. Ford Focus 2.0L Sport AT 5Dr - Php 934,000.00
  4. CHEVROLET CRUZE (4-Door Compact Sedan) 1.8 Liter DCVCP and VVT ECOTEC DOHC LS, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with Triptronic Feature - Php Php 963,888.00

I'll be using the car for :
  1. Office use. Daily travel from Sta.Rosa, Laguna to Alabang
  2. Weekend getaways or long roadtrips, i.e. Tagaytay, Baguio, Batangas, even Mindanao if it's planned.
  3. Basically, just a daily ride for a single, 5'10", overworked, overweight office guy.

I just want a BRAND NEW, reliable, fuel-efficient, comfortable ride with good legroom. If it has a good stock sound system that can crank out my old Razorback and Wolfgang CDs to my satisfaction, then all the better. And NO, I don't want to get a PRE-OWNED car for "practice".

I also don't mind about the resale value because I have no plans of selling it (personal preference).

Any other MODEL suggestions? It doesn't have to be a "normal car". You can suggest any other brand new vehicle as long as it fits my budget and requirements.

One more thing, I have a tendency to ask a lot of questions before I buy something. My questions may spill over to some threads or websites. So please, BE PATIENT WITH ME. I just don't want to have any regrets when I make my purchase. Money doesn't grow on trees, unfortunately.

Thank you for your time,
RazorWolf
Frustrated Rock Star