New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Good day! Is there a way to know if the second hand car you bought has a history of accident?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ask the insurance
    Ask the casa
    Have a mechanic inspect the vehicle

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cccj View Post
    Good day! Is there a way to know if the second hand car you bought has a history of accident?
    Depends on what kind of accident it was. Frontal collisions are usually easy to detect. Look for the absence of the warning and maintenance info stickers and rubber seals on the hood, presence of wrinkles on the interior part of the fenders, signs of damage on the radiator and condenser and signs of welding where there aren't supposed to be. Then of course there's the condition of the plates. See if they have signs of mutilation, tears, wrinkles... If the front has been hit, they would most likely interchange that with the rear plate.

Knock gently around the body to check for signs of masilya. Masilya sounds like knocking on a cement wall. Open and close and doors and see if all the doors are properly aligned. If not, it may need more of a slam to close properly than the others. See if the rear decals are all still in their proper places...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Thanks. I was hoping there an agency that tracks? Casa kaya, would they have records?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Thanks. I was hoping there an agency that tracks? Casa kaya, would they have records?
    If the repairs were made in the casa, yes there will be a record kept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If it was repaired there, then there would be. But then of course people would often try to cover up the fact that the vehicle had been in an accident. Not to mention that such a big repair job done in the casa would be extremely expensive.

Unless you, by some stroke of luck, encounter the shop where the vehicle was repaired in (which actually happened to us once, long ago), then it would be hard to ascertain the history of the vehicle.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Look into this, pag binenta ito malas nung makakabili.

Before the repair:

After the repair:
    Last edited by nelany; July 27th, 2018 at 10:32 PM.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I saw that in Facebook! I think the shop is called Bruce Repair Shop or something along those lines. If this car had comprehensive insurance, di kaya considered totaled ito?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I admit, meron akong accident history sa vios ko, due to negligence..

Still, parang walang nangyari..

Gamit ang insurance, Sa Casa pa, at mga tropa pa..

Mahirap sa Mahirap ma-detect ang accident history ang isang sasakyan, lalo kung minor or major at almost totaled.

As long as na maganda ang gawa at yung latero at tinsmith.

Good as new yan..

Pero once na involved ulit sa minor or major collision (wag naman sana) dun malalaman talaga..

10. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Naalala ko yung video ng repair ng BMW Watch This Russian Body Shop Completely Repair a Totaled BMW 7-Series - The Drive

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast