New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    early this year, we decided to sell our 94 civic esi, 2 days after posting sa newspaper, kinuha na kagad.

around 5 months ago, we advertised our 2002 v6 van, last month kinuha na din sa wakas, ng relative namin

ganyan na talaga pinoy mentality. if you're going to purchase brand new, stay away from mid-size cars unless BMW or Benz yan. even Volvo suffers the same fate as mid-size japanese.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    some real shockers..

i saw a 1999 626 (although GE body) for 208k at autolink. walang kumukuha, ang tagal na dun.

a 2000-2001 volvo S80 goes for ~800k now. that's pretty scary depreciation! an E46 3-series bimmer of the same age costs about the same (or even more). and the S80 is significantly larger than the bimmer.

i guess the commonality is that the volvo and mazda are both Ford products

*niky: you should contribute your dizzy to The Cause of Science (TM)

actually i paid a visit to banawe before. you can get a surplus dizzy for like 6000 pesos. but someone emailed me that he did that, and it didn't work too well on his 626 (idling problems, rough running). i eyeballed the dizzy at Sprint in banawe and the plug configuration is different. But there are about 4-5 extant plug configurations for the FS, and they're all documented in the Haynes manual. and most of them are equivalent (you just need to cross-connect some wires).

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I own a 95 galant and I like it more than my 03 Civic, because I feel more torque, ( mas madaling pakamutin even in 2nd gear, hehe ), and the ride is excellent. Ang ayoko lang talaga is gas consumption (which, is one of the main factors of its low resale value). Handling is ok. Don't need to put too much exterior crap to make it look good, just a good set of low profile shoes and slap on some wax, astig na. Plus considering its age, it still gets some respect from mechanics and wannabe racers .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
94-96 Midsize Cars, Why Low Resale Values?