New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    hi guys!

i've maintained a stock HU, CD changer and speakers (nokia would u believe) on my E36 for the longest time regardless of the shitty sound, all because of the simple reason of me wanting to keep that uniform, all-stock 'orange glow' against the black dash.

i think that long streak ended last month when i replaced the car battery and lost the radio code. yup, i can't use the bmw stock radio from zero power unless i key in a unique 4 or 5 digit code. so when i turn it on, it says: CODE_ _ _ _ _, no sound pero at least orange pa rin

so it's either someone points me in the right direction on how to get my HU's code from bmw (prestige ata, i bought the car 2nd hand eh) or someone puts me out of my misery and recommends a HU that has orange lights similar to the orange of the bmw dash.

thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Try going to Prestige first or browse BMW E36 fora.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sir hp, actually called prestige already before. they are charging me P2,500 for the 5-digit code. wtf right? i know for a fact that some inside guys can get this code for a song pero i wasn't sure if this site condones such activities, which is why i simply asked if anyone out there can help me with 'getting' this code.

as far as searching e36, i actually did before i posted and found nothing on the code issue. still searching now as i post.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    [SIZE=2]Just press the "M" button down on your radio and hold it. The SN will appear on the screen. Then call your dealer with the SN and get the code. No need to remove the radio.[/SIZE]

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    thanks hp for these sites. was just limiting my searches within tsikot para local setting lang. if anything, these sites are info treasure troves for an e36 owner especially now that the car's over 10yo, perfect for future reference.

will try your M tip and see if i could get prestige to just hand over the code. P2,500 still too much though. will find a cheaper route to access those 4 numbers.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ask other non-casa shops. Some even have their own computers. WHo knows, maybe you can have it for free in conjunction with other service. hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Pls recommend HU with Orange lighting for BMW E36???