1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Ride: 2003 Revo GLX
    HU: Pioneer DEH-P4950MP
    Front: DLS X-SD62 - 6,5" separates
    Rear: DLS X-SD62 - 6,5" separates
    Sub: Rockford Punch P1S412
    Amp: V12 NV-805 4CH

Mga guru, bakit kaya nasunog ung high pass filter nung 2 tweeter ko sa front? Kaya ba ng amp ko ipower ung speakers and sub o kelangan ko pa ng 1 pang amp? Any recommendations and suggestions? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    If you said "high pass filter" you're speaking about a subwoofer car audio, then a "high pass filter" is what allows high frequencies to "pass" and directs them to an appropriate speaker (usually a speakers,tweeter) while blocking low frequencies. A "low-pass filter" does the opposite, that's for subs.

Why burn?
    You might want to check the wiring inside the car that goes to your speaker. It may be either faulty or just damaged. And even if you wired one of the tweeter backwards (Red to black / black to red) the speaker simply would be out of phase, but its not going to burn.

Again, check all the wire to see if there is a chance they could be touching each other or an open wire touching the car body.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    sir v6dreamer,

No problem naman daw sa wiring sabi ng shop. Ang cause daw ay yung overuse which I highly doubt it kasi hindi naman ako malakas magpatugtog and within normal range lang sa volume and HU settings.

BTW, bat ung tweeters sa rear di affected? Bale ung wiring config ay yung amp ang nagpopower sa 2 sets of seps and sub. Ok po ba ito o kelangan ko pa ng 1 pang ampli? Thanks

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    BTW, bat ung tweeters sa rear di affected? Bale ung wiring config ay yung amp ang nagpopower sa 2 sets of seps and sub. Ok po ba ito o kelangan ko pa ng 1 pang ampli? Thanks

That is 3 channel setup. Thats good, because the 3 channel setup is advantage to your sub you can adjust the subwoofer volume by tweaking the "gain control". If your amplifier has a variable low-pass crossover, you can adjust the crossover point, too.

Can you tell me exactly how they wired your system. You see, using an underpowered amp is more damaging than an overpowered one, and may result in 'clipping' where the amp runs of steam trying to drive the speakers.

I NEED TO KNOW THIS:

1. Where did you mount the seps?
    A. Do you have a "passive crossover" on the woofer and tweeter?
    A passive crossovers are incorporated into your tweeter leads and woofers in a separate module for each channel, usually it connected after your amp.

2. Are you using amp on the front & rear speakers or you powered only with your H.U? Which one w/ an amp?

3. Which tweeter that it burn? Are you using an amp on this tweeter?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by goofalotatots View Post
    Ride: 2003 Revo GLX
    HU: Pioneer DEH-P4950MP
    Front: DLS X-SD62 - 6,5" separates
    Rear: DLS X-SD62 - 6,5" separates
    Sub: Rockford Punch P1S412
    Amp: V12 NV-805 4CH

Mga guru, bakit kaya nasunog ung high pass filter nung 2 tweeter ko sa front? Kaya ba ng amp ko ipower ung speakers and sub o kelangan ko pa ng 1 pang amp? Any recommendations and suggestions? Thanks!

a bit OT: hindi ba humihinto/ auto protect ang amp mo?

in some cases kasi pag isang amp lang usually v12 705 hindi nito kayang ipower ang isang sub and 4 speakers, now did the shop inspect he entire wiring or hinulaan lan nila? better to have 2nd opinion from ither shops.\

OT: bro how much bili mo sa dls seps mo?

TIA

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post

That is 3 channel setup. Thats good, because the 3 channel setup is advantage to your sub you can adjust the subwoofer volume by tweaking the "gain control". If your amplifier has a variable low-pass crossover, you can adjust the crossover point, too.

Can you tell me exactly how they wired your system. You see, using an underpowered amp is more damaging than an overpowered one, and may result in 'clipping' where the amp runs of steam trying to drive the speakers.

I NEED TO KNOW THIS:

A passive crossovers are incorporated into your tweeter leads and woofers in a separate module for each channel, usually it connected after your amp.

2. Are you using amp on the front & rear speakers or you powered only with your H.U? Which one w/ an amp?

tama, some set-ups kasi front lang or rear speakers ang amplified due o underpowered sub.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i cant resist. gusto ko rin mag-imbestiga.

based on your list, you are using only 1 amp unit with 4 channels. how was the wiring done?let me guess..... 1 ch goes to the sub, then 2 (L and R) goes to your sd62 kit(both woofers and tweeters passing through the high pass)...how was the fourth channel used?

ang rating ng sd62 mo ay 50W rms, 200W peak. ano naman ang max power output ng amp mo? siguro di nakayanan ng filters yung power output.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post

I NEED TO KNOW THIS:

1. Same position with the stock speakers
    A. Yes

3. Both tweeters on the front

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Im kind of a noob when it comes to wiring stuff so I'll let you guys interpret on this pic I took earlier

The V12 amp was already pulled-out for replacement. See it's specs below

2000watts MAX POWER
    2/3/4 WAY AMPLIFIER WITH EXTRA RCA OUT FOR ADDITIONAL AMPLIFIER ATTACHMENT
    500WATTS X 4 MAX POWER
    2 AND 4 OHMS STABLE
    THERMAL AND SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION
    BUILT IN CROSSOVER WITH EXTRA KNOB TYPE ADJUSTMENT FOR FINE TUNING

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by goofalotatots View Post
    Im kind of a noob when it comes to wiring stuff so I'll let you guys interpret on this pic I took earlier

The V12 amp was already pulled-out for replacement. See it's specs below

2000watts MAX POWER
    2/3/4 WAY AMPLIFIER WITH EXTRA RCA OUT FOR ADDITIONAL AMPLIFIER ATTACHMENT
    500WATTS X 4 MAX POWER
    2 AND 4 OHMS STABLE
    THERMAL AND SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION
    BUILT IN CROSSOVER WITH EXTRA KNOB TYPE ADJUSTMENT FOR FINE TUNING
    The first one are your RCA cable that goes to your amp from H.U.

The other blue wire below I believe that is wire speakers.

The Red cable is your power cable and the brown is the ground.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
DLS Crossover Pass filter for tweeter got burned...