New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    stock radio honda..fujitsu ten ata toh...30watts...

going to buy pioneer hu na 50watts...

big difference ba? or ndi?

iniisip ko kasi if i'm going to buy speakers agad together w/ the new headunit.

or orig speakers muna w/ the new unit.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by winferrer View Post

Mas malakas lang ng konti. less than 3 db. Every 3 db means that the power is doubled (or halfed).

I am using stock HU (40W x 4 channels), I have upgraded my speakers first. Sulit naman. Gumanda ang quality at mas malakas. Kahit na wala akong sub, may konting boom na.

Kung limited budget ka, you can upgrade the speakers first din. 1 pair at a time.

Let us say, you upgraded your HU but stock speakers, di pa rin gaganda ang sound set up mo. Either speakers first, or speakers and HU.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    salamat ng sobra sir.
    mapilitan unahin ang head unit, para sa aux in kasi. d ako kuntento sa fm modulator. ndi cd quality yung tunog eh. sayang ang ipod.

thanks again...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

if you say difference? what are you expecting? more ooomph? better sound quality? kasi kung more ooomhp, medyo wala masyadong difference yan. you can only put that up to Volume Level 30, kung hindi, basag na rin ang tunog nyan if you are using stock speakers.

for sound quality, it would depend on the speakers used, although may minimal difference din ang stock HU and aftermarket HUs.

kung ako ikaw? i will initially invest in good speakers muna and take it from there based on the sound output that i want. pwedeng you take the:

SQ mode: separates/excellent 6 x 9/tweets or
    Power mode: amps/subs/tweets

initially, kaya yan ng stock HU mo. tsaka ka na lang bumili ng aftermarket HU kung hindi ka pa kuntento.

imho.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    wow..u changed my mind sir...
    sige..will see and update you guys..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    wow..u changed my mind sir...
    sige..will see and update you guys..
    When I upgraded mg stock speakers, I have checked the HU manual kung ano ang impedance na kaya nito at kung ilan ang power out. 4 to 6 ohms ang stock HU ko at 40W per channel.

Ibig sabihin nito ng I can use any speaker na 4 or 8 Ohms na at least 40W rms ang rating.

If eventually, gusto mo na gumamit ng amp, better use higher wattage speakers now kahit HU powered muna. Para you do not have to replace the speakers eventually.

Take a look at the RMS ratings not the peak power. misleading ang peak power.

Better kung maririnig mo na gumagana ang selection mo ng speakers bago ka bumili = audition.

Speakers have a sensitivity rating. If a speaker has a sensitivity rating of 89 dbm, while another has a rating of 92dbm, the 92 dbm will be louder. Theoretically 2 times (3db difference kasi) louder ang 92dbm. Assuming same impedance, wattage, size, 2way or 3-way.

BTW, I am now using bang-for-the-buck JBL.
    Last edited by meledson; April 29th, 2008 at 04:17 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just remember that most HU over state their true output power. They may claim 50 watts RMS even if it only pumps out 12 watts RMS.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    that's good user...

how much sir ang jbl niyo?
    how much do jbl seps cost nowadays?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the main difference ng stock hu and aftermarket is the 50wX4 mosfet. yun ang kailangan mo for the SQ that your looking for. also the stock has the wired out while the aftermarket has the aux for sub and speakers.

yes, the SQ will improve if you change the speakers pero its not that much if you did not change the HU. the speakers always depend on the quality of the driver (HU) and how it is connected. the aux will give more clarity rather than the splice and twist.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mukhang no choice...pag ipunan na lang..para one time big time nalang ..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
big difference? 30watt and 50watt headunit