New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hmmm i think that even the sales rep didnt know na old stock yan .... plus for me old or new stock, no diff naman e ... parepareho lang yan lahat basta same specs siya sa new stock, its really no big deal if old production siya or new production

if there are differences from the new stock from the old stock then go reklamo ka pero pag wala naman etc etc ganun nadin yun .. mahahassle pa kayo para awayin bmw

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    The ahente called us today and it was indeed a new old stock (NOS), though we told him not to give us such kind of unit. It was totally clear that we didn't get what we paid for. He told us just to write a complain letter to BMW Philippines about the matter. In your opinion what should we ask for 1) a replacement vehicle with a 2006 production date. 2) Complete refund. 3) price deduction refund to the price back then. any other suggestions?
    I'd go with a price deduction, but not just to the price back then... maybe a little more since the vehicle was sitting on the lot for a pretty long time. Try to wrangle some warranty on trim and other parts that might have suffered from long storage (mostly rubber).

But I like the trade-in for the 2.0d idea, too...

Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Because the X3 is so closely priced to the X5.
    :hysterical: That's probably it! But then again, it's an unfair comparison because higher priced cars get slapped with such ridiculous taxes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    boyscout, is your 2002 e46 the facelifted one already?

is is not possible for bmw to tamper the date of manufacture in the computer?

i have read in the other forums that for a fee, you can have a 'clean' or 'make' a complete casa service record.

i guess its ok for them to sell new old stocks provided that there is full disclosure and they give generous discounts. it just does not make sense for bmw philippines to keep a year's worth of inventory if they can project their sales. i bet bmw philippines purposely bought new old stocks to save on cost and pass them on at premium prices to the local market. tsk tsk buyers beware...

thanks for sharing this info.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    a few months is understandable (between production date and car sales date is understandable). but buying a 2004 manufactured car as brand new in 2006 is...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's a common problem with high end cars
    I guess this is also the reason the gray market guys still have a brand new Land Rover Discovery II on display in Libis kahit matagal nang may LR3.

seatbelts is not really that reliable because kaya pa din palitan ito
    But who would be dumb enough to replace all seven seatbelts (as in the case of the Pajero)? And what are the chances of finding all seven seatbelts with similar dates in a surplus shop? hehehe. Seatbelts do provide a good ballpark along with other items in the vehicle. The sidings have a production date stamped on them also (though you do have to take it off the door to see). Same with the seat cushions (I see the date when I'm changing seatcovers).

Hindi naman lahat ng sasakyan merong computer that you can [relatively] easily access like in a BMW.

I don't think there's a practical way to talk to a Kia Picanto's ECU without the handheld scanner.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung software ng ecu yun....I think they can just change it.

Back to the topic...asking a replacement of the unit (as per your mom's initial agreement before buying the unit) was the best deal for you.

If you want to settle for something less aggressive...I would suggest an extension of the warranty (parts and labor) would also be good than the discounts....after all they sold you an "old unit".

If you want a big hassle but would help a lot of BMW buyers...go to the media and expose the truth....walang mali sa pagsasabi ng tutuoo. By this way ma-force ang BMW seller in the Philippines to do a better business in the future.

But again, thanks for the heads-up senor boyscout....next time bibili ako ng BMW, I'll look back to this thread....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by br733 View Post
    boyscout, is your 2002 e46 the facelifted one already?

is is not possible for bmw to tamper the date of manufacture in the computer?

i have read in the other forums that for a fee, you can have a 'clean' or 'make' a complete casa service record.

i guess its ok for them to sell new old stocks provided that there is full disclosure and they give generous discounts. it just does not make sense for bmw philippines to keep a year's worth of inventory if they can project their sales. i bet bmw philippines purposely bought new old stocks to save on cost and pass them on at premium prices to the local market. tsk tsk buyers beware...

thanks for sharing this info.
    yep its facelifted already read this http://www.e46fanatics.com/faq/faqs.php
    nakalagay diyan na MY2001 include styling changes which means facelifting. Pero you would notice that sa Philippines facelifted BMW started only year 2002 models. dahil 2001 buyers bought 2000 year stocks or worst 99 stocks. in this case 2001 buyers and lugi they should be getting facelifted versions already pero hindi pa.

kung di lang talaga maganda BMW dapat iboycott na ito ng buying public eh. kaya next time beware na lang future brand new bmw buyers, wag niyo pirmahan ang delivery invoice without checking the actual production date. it is your right you should be getting what you are paying for.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you can probably ask for a replacement if you ask nicely (at least at first), since you're a loyal customer and BMW would surely want to keep you happy. unless BMW philippines is too dense... but they'll be taking only a small loss but keep your future business by remedying the situation

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    The ahente called us today and it was indeed a new old stock (NOS), though we told him not to give us such kind of unit. It was totally clear that we didn't get what we paid for. He told us just to write a complain letter to BMW Philippines about the matter. In your opinion what should we ask for 1) a replacement vehicle with a 2006 production date. 2) Complete refund. 3) price deduction refund to the price back then. any other suggestions?

bro, that's a typical case of stealerships screwing their customers.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any updates sa x3? ano scooby na ba? hehehe...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
BMW Philippines Explain