New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here's my story. I am an avid BMW owner since the time I bought my BMW 325i E46 a sweet car. You can say that in the past few years I learned a lot about his vehicle. I am now in the process of selling this vehicle, one person was looking at my car this afternoon and just wouldn't agree with me that this might not be a 2002 production car so I showed him the hidden codes that can be done to find out the exact manufacturing date of the car which is more or less a year before the actual year model of the car siyempre at least a year for the transport of the car from abroad to the Philippines, customs etc. etc. , and a simple gauge check to see if everything is working inside the gauge cluster. You can find this info in e46fantics.com. My manufacturing date is 3rd week year 2001.

Making this long story short he was so "bileb" that he asked me if this is applicable to all BMW cars and I told him that at least 2000 and up models applicable ito. So I showed him that it also applies to my moms 2 month old BMW X3 and lo and behold the manufacturing date is 38th week of 2004. Na shock ako i specifically told my moms dealer na wag old stock ibigay and sabi niya sa akin 2006 daw manufacturing date nito. I only had the chance to check it now eh.

So my mom called his dealer and asked him bakit? And my moms bmw ahente was surprised and would further explain tommorow na lang daw after talking with a service advisor na lang daw. Feeling tuloy ng mom ko naloko siya. Kaya pala the advisor was forcing her to get the 2.5i version rather than wait for the 2.0d version kasi siguro old stock na talaga. ( BTW I prefer the 2.5i version, all bimmers in my opinion should have an inline 6 engine).

Chance na siguro ito hingi ako ng malaking discount to get an E90 325i. Or would get a full refund and ask for a 2006 production year X3

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    wow super tagal ng stock nung naibigay sa inyo sir.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kung ganyan ang production date, dapat ata binenta na nila sa inyo iyan at NOS (new-old-stock) prices.

Yung mga NOS na nabili namin mas bata pa diyan.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Wow, didn't know BMW had that much X3 stocks. Good thing alert ka.

By the way, I noticed that the E90 325's price has dropped since the official launch. Motioncars.com says 3.38M for the 325 Exec and if I remember correctly, the same model cost around 3.6M yata when it was launched. Do you know anything about it? Usually pataas ang pricing ng cars and kawawa naman yung first few 325 customers.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    BOYSCOUT ka nga bro =)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    you should have waited for the 2.0d

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Here's my story. I am an avid BMW owner since the time I bought my BMW 325i E46 a sweet car. You can say that in the past few years I learned a lot about his vehicle. I am now in the process of selling this vehicle, one person was looking at my car this afternoon and just wouldn't agree with me that this might not be a 2002 production car so I showed him the hidden codes that can be done to find out the exact manufacturing date of the car which is more or less a year before the actual year model of the car siyempre at least a year for the transport of the car from abroad to the Philippines, customs etc. etc. , and a simple gauge check to see if everything is working inside the gauge cluster. You can find this info in e46fantics.com. My manufacturing date is 3rd week year 2001.

Making this long story short he was so "bileb" that he asked me if this is applicable to all BMW cars and I told him that at least 2000 and up models applicable ito. So I showed him that it also applies to my moms 2 month old BMW X3 and lo and behold the manufacturing date is 38th week of 2004. Na shock ako i specifically told my moms dealer na wag old stock ibigay and sabi niya sa akin 2006 daw manufacturing date nito. I only had the chance to check it now eh.

So my mom called his dealer and asked him bakit? And my moms bmw ahente was surprised and would further explain tommorow na lang daw after talking with a service advisor na lang daw. Feeling tuloy ng mom ko naloko siya. Kaya pala the advisor was forcing her to get the 2.5i version rather than wait for the 2.0d version kasi siguro old stock na talaga. ( BTW I prefer the 2.5i version, all bimmers in my opinion should have an inline 6 engine).

Chance na siguro ito hingi ako ng malaking discount to get an E90 325i. Or would get a full refund and ask for a 2006 production year X3
    The car was made on the 3rd week of 2001 and it was sold as a 2002 model? It takes a year to ship and clear the car through customs? If that's the case buyers of BMW in the Philippines as getting screwed because in any other part of the world that would be sold as an 2001 model not a 2002. Does the same thing happen for other makes and model of cars?

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Obviously gusto nilang i-clear yung old stocks kasi mas madaling i-benta yung bagong stocks, kaya lang niloloko nila ang customers nila in the process.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    this is usual dealership practice for all brands.

when you buy a car, they give you the oldest one they have in stock. japanese makes get sold fast so the customers don't mind but bmws sell much slower so its not strange that their cars are in stock long before someone buys them (especially for big ticket models like the seven series and the M6).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Does the same thing happen for other makes and model of cars?
    I can't speak for other manufacturers but Kia stamps both date and time of production on their units. Yung mga naka-display nila sa dealership nung January had a December production date.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
BMW Philippines Explain