New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Not to mention it should be done by a certified technician.
    Yes, you have a point even if straightsix is already a toolmaker.
    But that will be overkill to require him to undergo certification.

Tool and die makers and blacksmiths are not required to undergo this since
    let's just say they are way above service technicians.

If only we can get hold samples of this special tools to copy, it would be great.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_t View Post
    If only we can get hold samples of this special tools to copy, it would be great.
    Just google it.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    What special tools do you think are essential?
    You're not going to put up a shop, are you?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have to hand it to BMW. Great driving machines. If you plan to get one, do so because you want it and look forward to years of driving pleasure. You also have to be prepared to spend to keep it in tip top shape. One thing I do know is that parts and aftermarket performance parts are readily available, even for the earlier models. That's what's so good about it. You can get parts from the internet or order from the dealers.

One thing I also like about this car is that there is a global community of owners who can provide tips on how to maintain and service it. Manuals are available if you like to DIY. Try looking for your Jap car in the net and you'll find so many versions of it depending on the market it's in. Lack of consistency. Not disparaging Jap cars, they're also good and I have 2 of them. But I must say the driving pleasure is very different. The build is also very different. Totally different support structure.

Bottom line, a BMW is a BMW and the badge alone means a lot. Not everyone can own one and that's the mystique.

On the reset tool, go get one in the net. Costs less than $200 depending on the model. It will go a long way when you do your own servicing.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Para Ordenance View Post
    Right, BMW is a BMW.
    At BMW parin sya kahit 10yrs old na sya. Kahit tumabi pa ako sa bagong lancer o civic dyan. Mas nahihiya parin yung tinabihan ko dahil BMW yung sakin kahit 10yrs older yung kotse ko.
    I would choose the brand new Civic or Lancer anytime of the day than a 10 year old BMW.

how do you know that "nahihiya" katabi mo? just curious

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moneywhiz View Post
    I would choose the brand new Civic or Lancer anytime of the day than a 10 year old BMW.

how do you know that "nahihiya" katabi mo? just curious

i used to drive an E34 (1990) ... but that was when i was living in Guam ... that car was a classic love hate relationship . alaga ko yun in and out kase may pang maintain ako sa kanya pero if iisipin mo talga kung wala kang budget na pang alaga sa bimmer eh you are really setting up yourself for a disaster .... ako pag nag kotse ako gusto ko lage parang brand new ang ride ( all aspects ) kaya yung bimmer kong yun halos every weekend asa shop pag may naramdaman akong unte kakaiba takbo agad sa talyer ... sa Guam yun, yung earnings ko dun kaya mag alaga ng bimmer bukod sa family ko...bottom line kung mag bi bimmer ka na luma kailangan ready ka sa gastusan ...like what all the other posters said before if you're just wanting a bimmer para lang masabi na naka bimmer ka eh you're doin it for the wrong reason.

ako kapag nakakakita ng E34 sa kalsada dito sa pinas naalala ko at na mi miss yun bimmer ko dati pero after a few secs hehehe ok nako dahil in my experience alam na alam ko na may sakit ng ulo yung mayari ng bimmer na nakita ko ...

japanese car auto ko ngaun pero hindi ako nahihiya kapag may katabi akong bimmer ako naman nag pa gas sa auto ko eh hindi yung may ari ng bimmer sa tabi ko hehe.....kaya yung naka bimmer dyan na akala nya lahat ng katabi nya nahihiya dahil hindi bimmer dalang auto your way off buddy ....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    For me, just choosing from the Japs may it be old or new gives me very few choices. So if I have the budget, Id definitely include 2nd hand Euro cars as well.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Was in Speed Lab last week. Couldn't help but notice that majority of the cars there for performance upgrades were Japanese, a Ford Focus was the only non-Japanese car other than my bimmer. Shows that spending on upgrades doesn't matter whether it is Japanese, American or European. Pinoys just love to tune their cars to get every bit of performance out of their rides. And no, I wasn't there for an engine boost upgrade. I was there to get my suspension upgraded. I prefer handling over speed. If I could have both, that would be the ultimate.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    kung may pera ka naman pang maintain ng bmw, why not buy one... dba?dba?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I just bought a bmw 323i 1996 model with mileage of 70000 km. do you think its trouble free, considering the low mileage?thanks

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
2nd hand bimmers