Mahal maintainance etc etc

I have a jap-car 1996 model, my odo is 57k

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Trouble free? I doubt it.....pakapalin mo na ang wallet mo.........:rofl:
    Mahal maintainance etc etc

I have a jap-car 1996 model, my odo is 57k

Thanks, though im not asking bout maintenance cost. wala naman akong pakialam if its a jap car or a euro car. Its just handed down to me from a good friend of mine for just less than 200k. newi, i just went to a bmw service station and it pass the diagnostic exam with flying colors.
    Kahit na kalumaan na ang modelo, im still very satisfied with its performance.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ayos ah, sana me makita ako na ganyan din. dream ko magkaroon ng bimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by van25 View Post
    Thanks, though im not asking bout maintenance cost. wala naman akong pakialam if its a jap car or a euro car. Its just handed down to me from a good friend of mine for just less than 200k. newi, i just went to a bmw service station and it pass the diagnostic exam with flying colors.
    Kahit na kalumaan na ang modelo, im still very satisfied with its performance.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    makiki singit na rin ako

paano ba ang maintenance ng BMW? parang jap cars lang ba na 6mos/10k kms?

at usually magkano ang regular PMS ng BMW sa CASA?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I used to have an E36 316i, its worlds apart from my car before it (a 97 Civic LXI) in terms of ride and handling not to mention that it feels so much more solid than the Civic. Ang problema lang talaga with BMW's here in the Philippines is ang mahal ng maintenance, partly because wala masyado marunong sa BMW besides the CASA and the limited availability of parts outside the CASA. Unlike sa Benz na marami ka pwede pagpilian kung saan mo papagawa other than CATS, likewise mas madali makabili ng parts ng Benz sa labas dahil marami ang mga tindahan ng piyesa ng Benz. At one point in time I had both the 316i and my current w124 260E Mercedes, napansin ko lang na I only spend half as much sa maintenance ng Benz kesa sa BMW considering that the Benz is a 6 cylinder model while the BMW is just the entry level 4 cylinder 316i, at that point I decided to let go of the BMW and got another Benz as replacement.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    I used to have an E36 316i, its worlds apart from my car before it (a 97 Civic LXI) in terms of ride and handling not to mention that it feels so much more solid than the Civic. Ang problema lang talaga with BMW's here in the Philippines is ang mahal ng maintenance, partly because wala masyado marunong sa BMW besides the CASA and the limited availability of parts outside the CASA. Unlike sa Benz na marami ka pwede pagpilian kung saan mo papagawa other than CATS, likewise mas madali makabili ng parts ng Benz sa labas dahil marami ang mga tindahan ng piyesa ng Benz. At one point in time I had both the 316i and my current w124 260E Mercedes, napansin ko lang na I only spend half as much sa maintenance ng Benz kesa sa BMW considering that the Benz is a 6 cylinder model while the BMW is just the entry level 4 cylinder 316i, at that point I decided to let go of the BMW and got another Benz as replacement.
    Some posts that maintenance of a BMW is slightly cheaper than a benz. Could your two-fold higher maintenance cost be due to the higher price of parts (from where you purchased them)? I mean, could it be that you are not familiar with BMW parts shops?

Just curious, I would presume that a 6-cylinder 360E outperforms a 316i at least in acceleration. How does the ride compare?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    There are reasonably priced BMW parts available if you know where to look. Service of the car can be had depending on what needs fixing. I find that certain parts are at par if not cheaper than Japanese equivalents. Check the BMW Car Club Philippines if you want to know more about bimmers and to get help.

316s and 318s are not built for street racing. They are cars designed for fuel economy while giving a distinct driving experience. You want speed, you should be looking at 2.5L models and up. If you can afford it, get an M-series.:evil:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    ronw123w124,
    are you trying to tell us that a Mercedes Benz is better than a BMW?
    I've been searching the net & papers & I noticed that a 20 year old M.Benz (W124 & W201) is almost the same price or even more expensive than a 10+ year old BMW (E30, E34 & E36).
    I need your opinion gentlemen (& ladies, if we have one in the forum).
    Im torn between getting a E36 318i or a 320i vs. a good condition M.Benz W124.
    Any inputs for guys with experience on this cars?
    Many thanks.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by busdriver View Post
    ronw123w124,
    are you trying to tell us that a Mercedes Benz is better than a BMW?
    I've been searching the net & papers & I noticed that a 20 year old M.Benz (W124 & W201) is almost the same price or even more expensive than a 10+ year old BMW (E30, E34 & E36).
    I need your opinion gentlemen (& ladies, if we have one in the forum).
    Im torn between getting a E36 318i or a 320i vs. a good condition M.Benz W124.
    Any inputs for guys with experience on this cars?
    Many thanks.
    Yup, we do have ladies here, lots of them

BTT: As for me, pick the MB W124. It's more stylish than the two, especially if it's white or black. Oh wait, is it a w124 AMG? Anyways, the W124`s looks aint dying. When I see one on the road or in the parking lots, i just cant help it stare, esp if the exterior looks good.

Last edited by renzo_d10; June 26th, 2009 at 08:32 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    a family friend bought a 2003 BMW 318i for PHP750T. Ok na ba yun?

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
2nd hand bimmers