New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Question lang mga bro, ok lang ba mag carwash everyday (using water and car shampoo)? Hindi ba ito nakafade agand ng paint ng car?

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    just to share..i dont use car shampoo..no matter what it says in the label...it is still chemical..it'll fade ur carpaint in the long run..a friend of mine who is very good in taking care of his car told me..just to wash my car with plain water only...and since dust can be very abrasive, never make punas of ur car without wetting it first..and i mean wetting it thoroughly so as to make the dirt soft before u use those cleaning towels...then after sponge/towel washing with running water..towel it dry with the proper towel for drying...and it is advisable to wax ur car only every 6 mos...3mos the shortest.

hindi ko na ilalagay yung pang interior since OT na.

this is just to share my washing style..

btw...i wash my car everyday if i can...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Spongee: How do you justify your claim to those thousands of car enthusiasts who do use a shampoo every time they wash their vehicles and exhibit no paint fading over the past few decades?

Barbershop myths vs real-world facts. Your turf to defend your claims, actually.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I wash my car once a week only - due to lack of time. I don't use car shampoo.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    Question lang mga bro, ok lang ba mag carwash everyday (using water and car shampoo)? Hindi ba ito nakafade agand ng paint ng car?

Thanks.
    Pwede, as long as nasa shade – nakakapagod lang at parang useless kung di
    naman marumi pero kung may budget why not.

Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    I wash my car once a week only - due to lack of time. I don't use car shampoo.
    ano gamit mo if not car shampoo?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    its all in the Detailing Thread.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18901

anyway, there's no problem with washing your car everyday. its in the materials and techniques that you use.

with regards to waxing, do it as often as possible. then sneak in a cleaner wax every now and then.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    water everyday na lang, tutal dust lang naman, or maybe punas punas na lang with wet sponge.... kung talagang madaming dumi, putik saka na lang gamitan ng car shampoo .

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    no problem.. pero mas maganda maginvest ka na lang sa Cali Car Duster.. tapos wash car at lease once a week or pag naputikan, which means pag umulan- wash the car. Wax at least once a month, mas madalas pag umuulan.

Sa iba pwede na yung tubig lang pero gasgas (micro-scratches) talaga abot mo pag tubig lang especially kung dark yun kulay ng auto. you'll notice this pag gabi or against a light reflection... over time your paint will be dull.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    How about the use of dishwashing liquid? Yung mga ibang nag ca carwash dito yun ang ginagamit nila. And when I asked them one time, sabi nila para mas madali daw punasan. But read that it can cause more harm than good...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanren
    How about the use of dishwashing liquid? Yung mga ibang nag ca carwash dito yun ang ginagamit nila. And when I asked them one time, sabi nila para mas madali daw punasan. But read that it can cause more harm than good...
    Dishwashing Liquid is a big nono, why? Because it strips off wax, also it is not chemically designed for cars.

Washing or waxing your car everyday won't do any harm to your car, as long as you use the right tools and proper technique. Nakakapagod lang
    Last edited by ILuvDetailing; May 3rd, 2007 at 05:44 PM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Question on carwash