New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    I visit them Detail Studio 7AM kapag andun na bisor nila pinagbubuksan na nila ako. Unlike the area where BigBerts is, 9AM binubuksan ng guard ng home depot area nila. Sa detail studio I paid 1,140 for a car wash and waxing(collinite 476S). Yung 1k na yun, makakabili ka na ng wax container yourself.

Ito pa ang kinaiinis ko sa kanila, ilang beses ko na din napagsabihan boy nila, kapag nagcacarwash, nakabukas pinto ng door tapos iisprayan nila yung gilid ng tubig. Kung masira nila speakers ko, babayaran ba nila yun? Tapos may trunk is laid out with leather, may nakapatong akong tools dun na mabigat, imbes na buhatin to move my tools, they drag it which creates scratches on the leather, sino matutuwa nun?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Odd, I went there today at around 8:30 they were still closed, so had my daily drive washed at Big Berts instead. Brightmaster was open and washing a few cars. I passed by around 9:30 on the way and they were just opening up. Asked and they strictly open at 9. Might have time to have my car waxed later so will try them out again and will inquire. You might be referring to Brightmaster, they are open early which I prefer para before office sana, but I tried it once and like you, hindi ko gusto why they open the doors and spray sa jambs. Afaik these are two different shops.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posting while waiting for my car and I was able to ask some questions:

1. They open at 9am everyday. They can't take clients earlier and I'll have to wait. The car wash across opens at 7am or earlier. They are not the same.

2. I'm availing of their full wax now, with a DA, tar removal, claying, paint cleaning, and sealant. Brand is Duragloss, 700 with a wash for a brz. 800 for a Forester.

3. Inquired for a fresh application of Collinite 845/476s/915, 700 for a brz and 850 for a CRV, with a wash. 1k flat for Autoglym High Def wax. I paid 1,800 at another place. The tub I previously bought was 7,500. Still cheaper I think if you choose from their set services that include these and not have it customized. Mas mahal daw pag per application kasi sop nila is prep work.

4. May qd add on option sila sa wash, OCW for P50 across sizes. I won't be able to try it today but I think that's really cheap. They adviced against it, sayang daw as I'm having my car waxed. I like that.

Understandably its a business and they are really knowledgeable and technical, and I still find them to be the cheapest vs. quality of products and a lot better than the other shops I used to go to considering it's Ortigas. I have the waxes too pero kakapagod to do everything myself. Watched the car wash and it's thorough, no spraying of the jambs as you've mentioned and seems they are very careful handling the interior. It's cheaper sa kanto carwash but I've learned my lesson.

Yung other wash sa harap finished a pick up in 15 mins, not sure I want that for now. That said, any recommendations for a shop in Mandaluyong that opens early (before office hours, 8am or so)?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post
    Ano good detailing shop in las pinas guys? Pa recommend naman.
    I like Cleanlab beside McDonald's/LPDH and also Guzzie in Pilar.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OMNS19 View Post

1. They open at 9am everyday. They can't take clients earlier and I'll have to wait. The car wash across opens at 7am or earlier. They are not the same.

2. I'm availing of their full wax now, with a DA, tar removal, claying, paint cleaning, and sealant. Brand is Duragloss, 700 with a wash for a brz. 800 for a Forester.

3. Inquired for a fresh application of Collinite 845/476s/915, 700 for a brz and 850 for a CRV, with a wash. 1k flat for Autoglym High Def wax. I paid 1,800 at another place. The tub I previously bought was 7,500. Still cheaper I think if you choose from their set services that include these and not have it customized. Mas mahal daw pag per application kasi sop nila is prep work.

4. May qd add on option sila sa wash, OCW for P50 across sizes. I won't be able to try it today but I think that's really cheap. They adviced against it, sayang daw as I'm having my car waxed. I like that.

Understandably its a business and they are really knowledgeable and technical, and I still find them to be the cheapest vs. quality of products and a lot better than the other shops I used to go to considering it's Ortigas. I have the waxes too pero kakapagod to do everything myself. Watched the car wash and it's thorough, no spraying of the jambs as you've mentioned and seems they are very careful handling the interior. It's cheaper sa kanto carwash but I've learned my lesson.

Yung other wash sa harap finished a pick up in 15 mins, not sure I want that for now. That said, any recommendations for a shop in Mandaluyong that opens early (before office hours, 8am or so)?
    Thanks for the info. This just shows how inconsistent Detail Studio is on their information. I favor Detail Studio over Bright Master because of the cleanliness of their place. I have been their customer for almost a year now wherein I never fail to have one my cars washed in their shop at least once a week. The point person I talk to is the bearded dark guy who happens to be their supervisor. He's the one that has the keys to open the doors of the shop every morning. How do I know this? Because as early as around 7AM, the employees of the carwash are already there just waiting for him to start the shop. When he arrives and sees my car parked just outside, he accomodates my car even though he now says, they officially start at "9AM". Apparently he is also the only guy who can give quotes for Detail Studio's pricing. So probably you got to talk to him too. He was the one who told me using Autoglym on my CUV cost 3.5k. He was also the one who charged me 1.1k for the carwash and Collinite 476 wax on my car. I'm not sure if they now changed the pricing, because I am surprised he gave you a lower quote. Looks to me they are trying to discriminate car owners. Seeing that if they can get away in overpricing, they'll do just that. That's bad business practice and they just lost a regular customer in me.

Thanks for the info. This just shows how inconsistent Detail Studio is on their information. I favor Detail Studio over Bright Master because of the cleanliness of their place. I have been their customer for almost a year now wherein I never fail to have one my cars washed in their shop at least once a week. The point person I talk to is the bearded dark guy who happens to be their supervisor. He's the one that has the keys to open the doors of the shop every morning. How do I know this? Because as early as around 7AM, the employees of the carwash are already there just waiting for him to start the shop. When he arrives and sees my car parked just outside, he accomodates my car even though he now says, they officially start at "9AM". Apparently he is also the only guy who can give quotes for Detail Studio's pricing. So probably you got to talk to him too. He was the one who told me using Autoglym on my CUV cost 3.5k. He was also the one who charged me 1.1k for the carwash and Collinite 476 wax on my car. I'm not sure if they now changed the pricing, because I am surprised he gave you a lower quote. Looks to me they are trying to discriminate car owners. Seeing that if they can get away in overpricing, they'll do just that. That's bad business practice and they just lost a regular customer in me.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Sorry to hear that. I've been backreading though, if I read that right, they charged you 900 for the 476 and have also charged you 1,1+ for it? They've been pretty consistent with me despite many many questions even when I inquired a couple times by phone and email since last year. They quoted me 3,500 for AGHD as well for my bigger cars pero thats for a total paint makeover, baka matagal pa for me to avail. Just asking as we've totally different experiences, like kanina I joked (since I read it here) baka pwede i-meet ako ng 8am and I'll leave my car and come back for it later in the day so no rush til they really open, they refused kasi they are logged sa cctv. Sayang.

I'm always assisted by one person lang din so far, especially with pricing and reco's, but far different from who you described. So that has got me wondering especially if I plan to frequent the place now that my commitments are nearer. I hope they check out this thread to clarify if these are indeed true.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Sorry to hear that. I've been backreading though, if I read that right, they charged you 900 for the 476 and have also charged you 1,1+ for it? They've been pretty consistent with me despite many many questions even when I inquired a couple times by phone and email since last year. They quoted me 3,500 for AGHD as well for my bigger cars pero thats for a total paint makeover, baka matagal pa for me to avail. Just asking as we've totally different experiences, like kanina I joked (since I read it here) baka pwede i-meet ako ng 8am and I'll leave my car and come back for it later in the day so no rush til they really open, they refused kasi they are logged sa cctv. Sayang.

I'm always assisted by one person lang din so far, especially with pricing and reco's, but far different from who you described. So that has got me wondering especially if I plan to frequent the place now that my commitments are nearer. I hope they check out this thread to clarify if these are indeed true.
    Apparently there is a change in policy and their pricing. I paid 900 back in January to have my car waxed, now it cost 1000. Since I find it costly just for wax, I opt for paying for their labor instead --- but again they NOW REFUSE to provide only labor services.

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    ^kasi bro kung tutuusin value ng wax na nilalagay nila though magandang klase eh maliit compared sa labor. 915 mabibili nila ng 2k. tapos sabihin natin 10 - 15 cars malalagyan nila na suv. "lugi" sila sa 300 php labor only charge hehehe
    Last edited by ninjababez; March 19th, 2015 at 04:29 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Sa detail studio I paid 1,140 for a car wash and waxing(collinite 476S).

Apparently there is a change in policy and their pricing. I paid 900 back in January to have my car waxed, now it cost 1000. Since I find it costly just for wax, I opt for paying for their labor instead --- but again they NOW REFUSE to provide only labor services.
    I'm not sure I follow.

They did increase price last December daw, but that's because they upped their offerings. They're not really a car wash but do so for those who want it (kasi nagcomment ako bakit mas mahal ng konti yung car wash kesa sa tapat). So for the works I had, like a LITE version of an exterior detail with polishing plus Collinite, 1,200 for a crossover is really cheap. Like I've said I've experienced the complete opposite, and I've tried to nitpick but I'm more than satisfied. TBH probably the best in paint repair (without repainting) that I've been to so looking back and comparing, I'd highly recommend them for that. I really like the fact that they never tried to upsell, and they tell me when it's not needed, like the compound and OCW. May nakasabay ako na nagpawax na dating may detailing shop, and he says the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    ^kasi bro kung tutuusin value ng wax na nilalagay nila though magandang klase eh maliit compared sa labor. 915 mabibili nila ng 2k. tapos sabihin natin 10 - 15 cars malalagyan nila na suv. "lugi" sila sa 300 php labor only charge hehehe
    Yeah, that makes sense. Business wise I'd understand, kasi you're actually also paying for their knowledge, training, etc etc., similar to the concept of corkage in restaurants, where I can relate. Available space, time, effort, sobrang liit probably ng kikitain it might not even be worth it. Might also be quality control and authenticity/ product integrity issues. I used to bring my own wax to the shop I used to frequent before, won't do it again, it's just wasteful. Naubos agad yung tin ko at nagka durog durog at dumi.

In another story, I had my car washed at BGC yesterday. Paid 200+.. It was ok. Just too much dust in the metro

Sa detail studio I paid 1,140 for a car wash and waxing(collinite 476S).

I'm not sure I follow.

They did increase price last December daw, but that's because they upped their offerings. They're not really a car wash but do so for those who want it (kasi nagcomment ako bakit mas mahal ng konti yung car wash kesa sa tapat). So for the works I had, like a LITE version of an exterior detail with polishing plus Collinite, 1,200 for a crossover is really cheap. Like I've said I've experienced the complete opposite, and I've tried to nitpick but I'm more than satisfied. TBH probably the best in paint repair (without repainting) that I've been to so looking back and comparing, I'd highly recommend them for that. I really like the fact that they never tried to upsell, and they tell me when it's not needed, like the compound and OCW. May nakasabay ako na nagpawax na dating may detailing shop, and he says the same thing.

Yeah, that makes sense. Business wise I'd understand, kasi you're actually also paying for their knowledge, training, etc etc., similar to the concept of corkage in restaurants, where I can relate. Available space, time, effort, sobrang liit probably ng kikitain it might not even be worth it. Might also be quality control and authenticity/ product integrity issues. I used to bring my own wax to the shop I used to frequent before, won't do it again, it's just wasteful. Naubos agad yung tin ko at nagka durog durog at dumi.

In another story, I had my car washed at BGC yesterday. Paid 200+.. It was ok. Just too much dust in the metro

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    ano yun OCW?
    pumapasok kasi sa isip ko over the counter wax or overseas contract worker ;D

ano yun OCW?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ano yun OCW?

ano yun OCW?
    Optimum Car Wax sir, spray wax from the Optimum product line.

ano yun OCW?

ano yun OCW?
    Optimum Car Wax sir, spray wax from the Optimum product line.