New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Aside from the venerable Big Berts, I think it's about time we give some smaller detailing shops a quick review based on your feedback on them. Did you like the price? How were their procedures? etc. For reviewers, it would be pleasing if you were to be transparent about your review (ex. I own the shop, I know the shop owner, etc.) so to keep the thread informative and hopefully free from bias.

I'd start.

Antricks Detailing
    * Petron Station Gil Puyat Ave., between Filmore st. and Osmeña Highway, Palanan Makati City, Makati

Dropped by earlier to have the car washed at first. Although umaambon, my aim was to simply check out Anton's shop since I kept missing the Pinoydetailing EBs being held here. The location is fairly convenient for me since DLSU is just right around the corner.

Pricing and services was excellent. 100 pesos for a medium car is the normal but I really like how their "OCW" spray costs 40 pesos as an add-on. I'd definitely see myself coming here again just for a wash+OCW. I'm also surprised that their asphalt removal wasn't the usual kerosene bath but rather Mark V's Citrus solvent.

As for the time, it was faster than most people as I had two boys attending to the car. I guess it's probably because ako lang crazy enough nagpapawash in the middle of a shower . I'm assuming some people would have a hard time having a wash here since there's only 2 covered areas to accommodate 2 cars at a time.

As for the wash procedure, I was initially going to give them demerits since inuna nila yun rims and mags portion. However, since dalawa sila I guess this is understandable naman. One was in-charge of the body while the other on the wheels. I also noted that they did the bottom portion of the car (where there's usually more sediments and dirt accumulation) separately from the top however I didn't notice whether they flipped the mitt. In terms of car wash, no problems here.

Entire wash->asphalt removal->OCW just took around 40 minutes. Glass cleaning used 3D's glass cleaner. Notably, I like how their attention to detail was - they were individually "drying" the bolts on my rims but I later told them that I was in a hurry kaya wag na (at mababasa din naman).

When I inquired on their past 99 pesos wash and wax promo, I was expecting an all-in-one "shampoo+wax" combo pero yun pala gamit nila Mothers Step 3 wax! Hope they return the promo, I'd damn right want to try it.

Overall, excellent detailing shop. Try availing of their sealant services, HD Poxy gamit nila although you can opt for Carlack too.

P.S. I'm at the process of testing out the detailing shops near Banawe
    Last edited by jhnkvn; July 5th, 2012 at 02:10 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Bluemile Auto Detailing
    Gilmore Ave. near E. Rodriguez

Wash for a standard sedan is P89. Klasse paint protection (Wash + Klasse AIO + SG) is P1,400 per session (found this price by messaging them on Facebook), with a full year package at P4,400 (4 sessions), which has an extra interior detailing session. They also offer Blackfire Wet Diamond but I don't remember the price (same din lang yata).

The boys there seem to know what they're doing as opposed to other regular car washes. They clean the car from the most visible parts first then under the beltline later. Of course, as with the better car washes, they also clean and dry the nooks and crannies (i.e. pillars). I can also say that the mitts used were clean. They also don't use the usual tire black, which is good news. The last step is that they have a supervisor check the car after the wash is done. I like the attention to detail and I'd say this is the best bang for the buck car wash for P89.00.

For detailing jobs, they first initially check on what current scratches you have in your car and annotate it on a sheet of paper for you to sign. I was expecting them to let the wax cure for 6 hours but from my estimation, they only waited 4-5 hours. Nevertheless, I was very happy with the result for the price that I paid (P1400). An extra coat of SG can be done for an added P900.

I like the fact that they are open from 7:30am to 10:30pm and the place is well stocked with FHM, Esquire, Top Gear and Newspapers so waiting is not a hassle. Their wi-fi is a bit erratic, though. My estimation is that they have space for about 8 vehicles.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Genki's Auto Spa
    Maria Clara St (near Banawe), Q.C.

Wash is a standard P100. Was just mildly satisfied with how they cleaned my car. They were definitely thorough but I noticed that the chamois (for wash and dry) used were not that clean. They have ample space for as many as 15 vehicles, which is good, and there is always more than one guy working on your car. They work fast and do clean the nooks and crannies. I guess this is a great place to go if you're in the Banawe area and need to have a quick wash done.

I asked for a wax and was charged P1,365 (I said "Gusto ko ng proteksyon sa ulan."). They first did a rinseless wash of the car then they used what looked to be Nanogloss or Nanosliq in an atomizer. And that was it! This is probably the reason why they said it would only take an hour and a half to do it (akala ko naman this was just for the first session and that I had to come back later after the wax cured, hindi pala). They even said that this was good protection for an entire month and that I would only need water to clean my car. Needless to say, for the price that I paid, I was definitely dissatisfied.

There is definitely lots of space, a cafe for waiting (not a lot of magazines and no wifi) and an actual spa for getting yourself massaged during the detailing session. Hours of operation is from 6am to 11pm.
    Last edited by Verbl Kint; July 5th, 2012 at 04:14 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    May alam ba kayo detailing near Taguig area?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sa loob nang fort palabas nang kalayaan besides Ford.. may 2 car wash / detailing shop don..

Quote Originally Posted by jdee12 View Post
    May alam ba kayo detailing near Taguig area?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Bluemile Auto Detailing
    Gilmore Ave. near E. Rodriguez

Wash for a standard sedan is P89. Klasse paint protection (Wash + Klasse AIO + SG) is P1,400 per session (found this price by messaging them on Facebook), with a full year package at P4,400 (4 sessions), which has an extra interior detailing session. They also offer Blackfire Wet Diamond but I don't remember the price (same din lang yata).

The boys there seem to know what they're doing as opposed to other regular car washes. They clean the car from the most visible parts first then under the beltline later. Of course, as with the better car washes, they also clean and dry the nooks and crannies (i.e. pillars). I can also say that the mitts used were clean. They also don't use the usual tire black, which is good news. The last step is that they have a supervisor check the car after the wash is done. I like the attention to detail and I'd say this is the best bang for the buck car wash for P89.00.

For detailing jobs, they first initially check on what current scratches you have in your car and annotate it on a sheet of paper for you to sign. I was expecting them to let the wax cure for 6 hours but from my estimation, they only waited 4-5 hours. Nevertheless, I was very happy with the result for the price that I paid (P1400). An extra coat of SG can be done for an added P900.

I like the fact that they are open from 7:30am to 10:30pm and the place is well stocked with FHM, Esquire, Top Gear and Newspapers so waiting is not a hassle. Their wi-fi is a bit erratic, though. My estimation is that they have space for about 8 vehicles.
    Best humingi ka na ng discount if you're already suki na For my Collinite and Klasse/Carlack applications, I also do mine sa Bluemile. You might also want to substitute the New Paint Protection/KAIO+KSG with their 2-step detailing program which throws in a polish (most likely Meg's M82) for a minimal price. Their 2-step detailing (Wash+M82+KAIO+KSG) is what I usually take up bi-annually/3-times-a-year along with my discount, costs me around 1200php lang I believe.
    Last edited by jhnkvn; July 5th, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    As for Genki Auto Spa, I daresay I won't be availing of their waxing and detailing combos. I think the most prohibitive is the price followed with their wax products. I find myself availing of their car wash though. Two-bucket method at Php120 (above average rate but standard sa Banawe for medium cars). However, I remember needing to remind the boy to use a different washmitt since parang tuloy-tuloy gamitan ng washmitt nila (clean it first doods!)

Next I would be availing would be TypeOne Car Spa in D. Tuazon. Actually, I've been dropping in the place recently pero due to the erratic weather, find myself going home due to the rain (twice na actually!). Based on my initial observations, car wash seems like a foam gun -> punas-punas -> rinse using pressure washer. No bucket-method here. They currently offer 3 wax products on their shop: Mothers, Autoglym, and TypeOne Ultimate. By far, I'm pretty doubtful about their own-formulation and I don't find myself availing of it. Sealant services also uses Mothers. At best, I would try their car wash services lang to see if it suits me.

For their area, I could say around 4-5 cars can fit in their car wash area while 3-4 cars on their "detailing" area. There's a cafe nearby to recharge your hungry tummy too. I would also note that the owners/partners are predominantly Chinese and most of the customers here are also Chinese. Of course this bodes well for someone like me since there's a certain "draw" factor in talking with your fellow Fil-Chi with the main benefit of having "connections" around the area.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Is there a Hillsborough branch near edsa-slex?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Is there a Hillsborough branch near edsa-slex?
    Meron. Malapit sa Paseo de Magallanes.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    2 bucket method na ba sa Genki ngayon? dati kasi ni spray-an lang nila nang foam tapos punas punas na..

Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    As for Genki Auto Spa, I daresay I won't be availing of their waxing and detailing combos. I think the most prohibitive is the price followed with their wax products. I find myself availing of their car wash though. Two-bucket method at Php120 (above average rate but standard sa Banawe for medium cars). However, I remember needing to remind the boy to use a different washmitt since parang tuloy-tuloy gamitan ng washmitt nila (clean it first doods!)

Next I would be availing would be TypeOne Car Spa in D. Tuazon. Actually, I've been dropping in the place recently pero due to the erratic weather, find myself going home due to the rain (twice na actually!). Based on my initial observations, car wash seems like a foam gun -> punas-punas -> rinse using pressure washer. No bucket-method here. They currently offer 3 wax products on their shop: Mothers, Autoglym, and TypeOne Ultimate. By far, I'm pretty doubtful about their own-formulation and I don't find myself availing of it. Sealant services also uses Mothers. At best, I would try their car wash services lang to see if it suits me.

For their area, I could say around 4-5 cars can fit in their car wash area while 3-4 cars on their "detailing" area. There's a cafe nearby to recharge your hungry tummy too. I would also note that the owners/partners are predominantly Chinese and most of the customers here are also Chinese. Of course this bodes well for someone like me since there's a certain "draw" factor in talking with your fellow Fil-Chi with the main benefit of having "connections" around the area.

Page 1 of 32 1234511 ... LastLast