New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Threaded View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Aside from the venerable Big Berts, I think it's about time we give some smaller detailing shops a quick review based on your feedback on them. Did you like the price? How were their procedures? etc. For reviewers, it would be pleasing if you were to be transparent about your review (ex. I own the shop, I know the shop owner, etc.) so to keep the thread informative and hopefully free from bias.

I'd start.

Antricks Detailing
    * Petron Station Gil Puyat Ave., between Filmore st. and Osmeña Highway, Palanan Makati City, Makati

Dropped by earlier to have the car washed at first. Although umaambon, my aim was to simply check out Anton's shop since I kept missing the Pinoydetailing EBs being held here. The location is fairly convenient for me since DLSU is just right around the corner.

Pricing and services was excellent. 100 pesos for a medium car is the normal but I really like how their "OCW" spray costs 40 pesos as an add-on. I'd definitely see myself coming here again just for a wash+OCW. I'm also surprised that their asphalt removal wasn't the usual kerosene bath but rather Mark V's Citrus solvent.

As for the time, it was faster than most people as I had two boys attending to the car. I guess it's probably because ako lang crazy enough nagpapawash in the middle of a shower . I'm assuming some people would have a hard time having a wash here since there's only 2 covered areas to accommodate 2 cars at a time.

As for the wash procedure, I was initially going to give them demerits since inuna nila yun rims and mags portion. However, since dalawa sila I guess this is understandable naman. One was in-charge of the body while the other on the wheels. I also noted that they did the bottom portion of the car (where there's usually more sediments and dirt accumulation) separately from the top however I didn't notice whether they flipped the mitt. In terms of car wash, no problems here.

Entire wash->asphalt removal->OCW just took around 40 minutes. Glass cleaning used 3D's glass cleaner. Notably, I like how their attention to detail was - they were individually "drying" the bolts on my rims but I later told them that I was in a hurry kaya wag na (at mababasa din naman).

When I inquired on their past 99 pesos wash and wax promo, I was expecting an all-in-one "shampoo+wax" combo pero yun pala gamit nila Mothers Step 3 wax! Hope they return the promo, I'd damn right want to try it.

Overall, excellent detailing shop. Try availing of their sealant services, HD Poxy gamit nila although you can opt for Carlack too.

P.S. I'm at the process of testing out the detailing shops near Banawe
    Last edited by jhnkvn; July 5th, 2012 at 02:10 AM.