New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    There may be a market for a cheap locally made sports car with second hand mechanicals because:

1) There is no low cost sports car in the local market today. Anybody making an inexpensive sports car will have no competition in that category.

2) Sports cars are emotional purchase items. But a properly made cheap sports car can also be a logical choice as a second car. It can be economical to run because it is lighter. Parts are readily available since these are from existing cars.

3) A locally made sports car with the right styling can be desirable. Park any foreign made 4-door sedan to Bar Stunner's car and the foreign car looks boring by comparison.

4) Sports cars are fun to drive because of better power-to-weight ratios.

The question is - if a locally made sports car is such a good idea, why didn't Binky Victa succeed with his Conge cars? I don't know. Maybe the Conge did not have that panache that sports cars are supposed to have, that "gotta have one" factor (example: Miata). I remember the Conge roadster looked boxy and the Conge mid-engine car had weird proportions. (Apologies to Mr. Victa. At least he was able to make cars, while most of us, myself included, just dream.)
    let me answer that --

let's say i'm in the market for a cheap sports car (cheap is relative so i'll just come up with a reasonable figure: P1,000,000 or lower)

P1,000,000 budget

what sports car can i buy?

second hand Miata, second hand Nissan 200SX, a second hand Eclipse, second hand Evolution... (i'm sure there are other choices... kayo na mag isip)

let's say we throw in a brand new 100% pinoy made sports car priced under P1,000,000

Question: would you gamble your hard earned money on the pinoy sports car?

remember, it's hard earned money

if you make a wrong decision, you'll hate yourself

well?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, I was considering a Porsche 356 Speedster replica if it was a few thousands cheaper and the waiting time for delivery wasn't that many months.

Last edited by ghosthunter; November 7th, 2009 at 12:50 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    let me answer that --

let's say i'm in the market for a cheap sports car (cheap is relative so i'll just come up with a reasonable figure: P1,000,000 or lower)

P1,000,000 budget

second hand Miata, second hand Nissan 200SX, a second hand Eclipse, second hand Evolution... (i'm sure there are other choices... kayo na mag isip)

let's say we throw in a brand new 100% pinoy made sports car priced under P1,000,000

well?
    mali ka. i like the BAR. fans ako nyan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OyiL View Post
    mali ka. i like the BAR. fans ako nyan.
    Agree, mali yan uls na yan. Sya lang yun..

Kung ayaw nya, baka may ibang Pinoy gustong bumili.

Maganda ginawa ni Bar at turbo.
    Last edited by jpdm; November 7th, 2009 at 08:04 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    let me answer that --

P1,000,000 budget

well?
    Of course these are just hypothetical scenarios.

So, for me, there will be Pinoys or foreigners that will gamble for a Pinoy sports car.(check barstunner's ad in the internet)

And its their money and not yours.

Now, if you want to buy second hand sports car, them buy them. Some people here wants to have their OWN (made by their hands) SPORTSCAR or maybe sell their own creations. Sino ba ang ayaw na ang creation mo ay mag-eenjoy mo na ay kikita ka pa?

Tsaka masyado mong ina-under-estimate capability ng Pinoy at mga tao dito na i-market produktong gagawin nila. In the first place, gagawa ba si bar ng sportscar at uubos ng malaking pera kung alam nyang walang bibili?

Anyway, again, pera pagod hirap nila yun at wala ka ng pakiaalam dun.Kung ayaw mong kumilos, at gusto mong takutin sarili mo sa mga puro na lang negative scenarios mo at walang humpay na panlalait sa Pinoy, ikaw na lang. Yung iba dito gusto nilang paligayahin ang sarili nila.

Read on the success of bar and turbo in this thread before spreading your crab mentality and negativity here.

So, if you are not interested with this idea just stop putting down the enthusiasm of people here in this thread..
    Last edited by jpdm; November 7th, 2009 at 08:48 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Actually, I was considering a Porsche 356 Speedster replica if it was a few thousands cheaper and the waiting time for delivery wasn't that many months.

boss GH magkano ang ganitong replica at ilang buwan ang waiting time? pwede kaya mag request ng Automatic Transmission nito? sino ang kokontakin? Thanks

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    boss GH magkano ang ganitong replica at ilang buwan ang waiting time? pwede kaya mag request ng Automatic Transmission nito? sino ang kokontakin? Thanks
    Sir, suggestion lang po. You may check bar stunner baka gumagawa sya ng ganito...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    At the time, 800K and 6 to 12 months depending on the backlog. But last I heard (years ago), the owner of the shop has moved to the USA.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    Sir, suggestion lang po. You may check bar stunner baka gumagawa sya ng ganito...
    The one I am referring to is not just a tube frame and a fiberglass shell. It is a replica of the real thing, complete with details like a full interior, accurate dash and instruments,etc. And it handles well without quirks.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The one I am referring to is not just a tube frame and a fiberglass shell. It is a replica of the real thing, complete with details like a full interior, accurate dash and instruments,etc. And it handles well without quirks.
    Ok, thanks for the correction and clarification.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
TVR cars