New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    [QUOTE=rmb;815751]
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    *redorange

While laguna is indeed spanish for lagoon, in the automotive world, the term is more associated with the Laguna Seca raceway. That is most probably why as you mentioned, it is already taken.

But your point is well taken. The Chevy Nova is a classic marketing mistake and we would do well to learn the lesson. [/quote

there is a renault model named laguna...how about tarsier
    Tarsier makes me think of Diana Zubiri. Probably because she mentioned it in a interview for her first FHM spread. hehehe

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    well known sa pinoy...

BARAKO

LUNETA

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    pwede rin... but I dont think its close to the Jeepney since the name is derived from "jitney", or "jeep" and "knee", the latter referring to the jeepney's crowded face-to-face seating.

Besides, the Jeepney name is too old and it carried a lot of bad reputation since the pollution and traffic crisis came to exist.
    What about the name 'Carrio'? sounds bad? from the word 'carrier' has the ability to haul, if it's designed to be a multi-purpose hauler we can then say it's a carrier able to take on the loads of either people or some cargo

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by arvic View Post
    attack
    Sta Rosa kung may hyundai sante fe tayo santa rosa kc halos lahat ng car plant eh nandito...
    insurgent dami sa atin nito eh....
    Mitsubishi has got the 'Rosa' though, won't it conflict?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by architect
    there is a renault model named laguna...how about tarsier
    hmm, tarsier=small small may at somepoint translate to inability...

I thought of another name, 'Kangga' or 'Kareta'

'Kangga' is the visayan term of 'Kareta'. The kareta is a workhorse (or carabao or cow)-drawn vehicle like that of a kalesa, sans the wheels being used in provinces either to haul people or sacks of rice or any cargo from point A to B. Thereby the PHUV may be envisioned as the modern-day 'kareta' using the name 'Kareta'.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by heightdeprived View Post
    hmm, tarsier=small small may at somepoint translate to inability...

I thought of another name, 'Kangga' or 'Kareta'

'Kangga' is the visayan term of 'Kareta'. The kareta is a workhorse (or carabao or cow)-drawn vehicle like that of a kalesa, sans the wheels being used in provinces either to haul people or sacks of rice or any cargo from point A to B. Thereby the PHUV may be envisioned as the modern-day 'kareta' using the name 'Kareta'.
    +1... I like this one... Lalo na kapag maganda pag-pronounce mo like "Karyetta" Mixed italian and spanish pronunciation.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    its a people carier so call it KARGADOR.. OR CARGADOR..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Habagat...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    How about... Haribon MX? (a spin on Tamaraw FX)

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Ba't di na lang po natin i-try ang "Fuerza", symbol of strength and durability.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Submit a name for Tsikot PhUV!