Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hey Guys,

Ano name na gusto nyo? hehehe
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    For the project study, I have used the codename Laguna. Laguna being where the foreign car companies are based. We strike at the heart.

For the PhUV - Pioneer. For the 3 wheeler - Pilot

Both terms connote being the first, the leader. Pilot is also appropriate for the three wheeler as it is a commuter car (sort of like a pilot in the cockpit.)

While Pioneer and Pilot are English, at least they are readily understood by the rest of the world. Laguna, on the other hand, reminds people of Laguna Seca, implying speed.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I dunno. Pilot would contradict to Honda's Pilot SUV. Pwede kaya Trio?... Pero masarap ang Pilot sa tenga... Hindi nakakasawa. hehehe...

I was also thinking the word I learned from our chat last night sir. Tsikot FRUITION. hehehe...
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hi Drey,

You are right. I forgot about the Honda Pilot. Has Honda officially launched it locally? Last I heard they don't have plans but you can allegedly order it on special basis.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    * Jeff. yes sir, they have released the Pilot locally. Di ko lang alam if discontinued kasi wala ako nakikita na tumatakbo.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I actually saw one before along Shaw Boulevard. It was rather huge and from what I heard priced at a premiium.

Well, hopefully they stopped selling it so that we might be able to use the name.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    For the project study, I have used the codename Laguna. Laguna being where the foreign car companies are based. We strike at the heart.
    IMO - the comment "to strike at the heart" of established companies is a bit overboard already. Let's not try to brag about something that is still on paper.

BTW, the name Laguna is taken already by Renault.

Quote Originally Posted by architect
    Well, hopefully they stopped selling it so that we might be able to use the name.
    The Pilot is currently being sold by Honda as their top of the line vehicle here in the Philippines.

Even if they stopped selling it, they already have a trademark for it.

Quote Originally Posted by architect
    For the PhUV - Pioneer.
    The name Pioneer is mostly associated with one of the biggest suppliers of in-car entertainment & household electronics. I would refrain from using that name simply because of that association.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Call it the jeepney.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MPower View Post
    Call it the jeepney.
    pwede rin... but I dont think its close to the Jeepney since the name is derived from "jitney", or "jeep" and "knee", the latter referring to the jeepney's crowded face-to-face seating.

Besides, the Jeepney name is too old and it carried a lot of bad reputation since the pollution and traffic crisis came to exist.
    iam3739.com

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by drey View Post
    pwede rin... but I dont think its close to the Jeepney since the name is derived from "jitney", or "jeep" and "knee", the latter referring to the jeepney's crowded face-to-face seating.

Besides, the Jeepney name is too old and it carried a lot of bad reputation since the pollution and traffic crisis came to exist.
    Jeepney 2.0?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Submit a name for Tsikot PhUV!