The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    did someone mention India?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/n...ow/5039961.cms
    ISRO to launch 7 satellites in 1,200 seconds today
    TNN 23 September 2009, 09:11am IST
    BANGALORE/MUMBAI: The stage is set for the launch on Wednesday of the Indian Space Research Organisation's workhorse Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) for placing into orbit the country's 16th remote sensing satellite, Oceansat-2, and six European nano satellites
    and this is our pride and joy:

we are soooo NOT India

not even close
    Last edited by uls; September 23rd, 2009 at 03:27 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    what do you wanna be when you grow up?

hehehe

God, I would hate to fill my home or workplace with such posters, notwithstanding the fact that they provide witty out-of-the-box messages. The negativism will surely pull down the enthusiasm of those reading them and have a detrimental impact on their subconscious minds if they get to read them day in and day out. All it does is to encourage losers to be losers.

Instead, I have always encouraged my kids to imagine and pursue their dreams - no matter how hard or how long it will take them - as long as I know it is doable. Instead of being discouraged by whatever limitations their situation may impose on them, I teach them to be resourceful and work around them. And this does not necessarily mean using extensive financial resources.

My oldest son is now an incoming freshman at Stanford University. He carries with him a healthy attitude of knowing that he can achieve his goals by being diligent in his pursuits, by not being discouraged by limitations, but by daring to pursue his dreams, one step at a time.

Yet there was a time he wasn't excelling academically. What if I had told him then to stop pursuing his goals and to accept his limitations instead of encouraging him to keep on trying, even when his objective of studying in one of the world's best university seemed so far fetch at that time? What if I had put up that poster in his bedroom?

Oh boy, I hate to even think about it. The world has already far too many losers as it is.
    Last edited by architect; September 23rd, 2009 at 03:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    hehehe

millions of people in the country are thinking positive naman eh

they are thinking positive makaka-abroad sila

It's my dream to work abroad in different continents one step at a time.
    My dreams came true! Hehehe

I'm just being positive all the time. Not delusional nor limitation or potential...How about you man?
    Last edited by ocanursjr; September 23rd, 2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: spelling

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    God, I would hate to fill my home or workplace with such posters, notwithstanding the fact that they provide witty out-of-the-box messages. The negativism will surely pull down the enthusiasm of those reading them and have a detrimental impact on their subconscious minds if they get to read them day in and day out. All it does is to encourage losers to be losers.

Instead, I have always encouraged my kids to imagine and pursue their dreams - no matter how hard or how long it will take them - as long as I know it is doable. Instead of being discouraged by whatever limitations their situation may impose on them, I teach them to be resourceful and work around them. And this does not necessarily mean using extensive financial resources.

My oldest son is now an incoming freshman at Stanford University. He carries with him a healthy attitude of knowing that he can achieve his goals by being diligent in his pursuits, by not being discouraged by limitations, but by daring to pursue his dreams, one step at a time.

Yet there was a time he wasn't excelling academically. What if I had told him then to stop pursuing his goals and to accept his limitations instead of encouraging him to keep on trying, even when his objective of studying in one of the world's best university seemed so far fetch at that time? What if I had put up that poster in his bedroom?

Oh boy, I hate to even think about it. The world has already far too many losers as it is.
    Not to mention to many LOSERS in our country. Uulitin ko ulit, Bakit mahirap ang pilipinas? Ngayon alam nyo na mga peeps!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Those who lack imagination are imprisoned by a wall-less prison from which there is no escape.

A loser looks at the poster and laughs, contented he is not the one in the photo. After all, he can’t imagine the exhilarating experience of flying high above the ocean – an experience he will most likely never know because he doesn’t dare imagine in the first place.

The thinker looks at the poster and wonders why the photo has been cropped as not to show the boat from where the person enjoying the breeze and view took off. And he wonders and imagines when will it be the next time he gets to soar that high again.

Who would you rather be?
    definitely agree!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    That is not really thinking positive. It is daydreaming. Thinking positive and taking the effort to persevere over the long term to complete the required tasks to achieve your goal is obviously way way different from trying to win your dreams in an instant.
    Agree and +1

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Well said!

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post

I'm just being positive all the time. Not delusional nor limitation or potential...How about you man?
    That's the right attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    Not to mention to many LOSERS in our country. Uulitin ko ulit, Bakit mahirap ang pilipinas? Ngayon alam nyo na mga peeps!
    I definitely know why!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How about those thousands who are positively thinking they would be the lucky dude to win the Lotto every time they buy a lotto ticket?
    It's normal for people when they buy a lotto ticket. Don't tell me you are buying lotto ticket for charity..

Be real man!!!
    Last edited by ocanursjr; September 23rd, 2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Originally Posted by ocanursjr

that's great

you're dreams came true coz only dream for yourself (where's the patriotism you're trying to project dude?)

who cares about the Phils. diba?

it's easier when you take care of youself nalang

isnt it great to watch what happens to the Phils. from the outside?

nood ka lang ng TFC, check the news on the net

di ka affected diba?

feels good right?

congrats man

you're living your dreams

Originally Posted by ocanursjr
    Bakit mahirap ang pilipinas? Ngayon alam nyo na mga peeps!
    Ya ngayon alam ko na

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast