New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    volume? how do you measure the volume of smoke from a picture? its impossibe to determine the factors. e picture yun a.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
    baka it is just another manifestation of a "pinoy crab-mentality"....
    Crab-mentality? Made in China yung smoke belching engine na to.
    You're right. Hindi talaga papasa sa Europe ito.
    Last edited by dprox; September 14th, 2007 at 09:17 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spectral View Post
    My friend at the LTO saw the pictures, pag ganon ang usok ng diesel engine ng PHUV borderline na sa particulate emissions limit. Then he got shocked when I told him it was a brand new Foton China-made engine. He said in a few months use, the particulate emissions of the PHUV will increase, as in all diesel engines. This is based on his ten-year experience.

Jpdm, are you qualified to claim that the thick smoke coming from the PhUV is safe sa mga bata? Or are you just guessing?

Would you let your parents or siblings breate that poison in?
    Taking into consideration the relatively pristine air quality inside the DSLU-D campus, and the fact that the vehicle population and emissions inside are quite low compared to the usual univ campus, I’d say the kids are pretty safe.

All vehicular emissions pose some danger on the health of these kids. But unless anyone of them is suffering from a severe case of asthma or COPD, the immediate harm the PhUV’s smoke can cause is much less than what the kids will face outside the campus.

Just because you think that the PhUV doesn’t suit your tastes and needs doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a chance of success.

Just because you want it to fail doesn’t mean it should or it will.
    Last edited by dprox; September 14th, 2007 at 09:18 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by metatron View Post
    ....Just because you think that the PhUV doesn’t suit your tastes and needs doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a chance of success.

Just because you want it to fail doesn’t mean it should or it will.
    well said

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Hello, spectral.

Since you registered less than a month ago last September 21, you have posted nothing but UNconstructive criticisms on the Tsikot PhUV (9 posts) and the MVPMAP PhUV (8 posts) and taken potshots at DPROX Chokaran.

FYI, "constructive" means not just pointing out what is wrong, but offering friendly suggestions on how to remedy it to make it right. One extreme opposite of UNconstructive is "sabotage", and some tsikoteers have opined that this is what you are actually doing.

However, we are giving you the benefit of the doubt. If you are interested or competent in automotive production technologies, or on combatting pollution, why not start new threads on those subjects? Instead, you have been nitpicking on particular OPVs.

The number of your posts, your tone, and the specificity of the issues you have taken all suggest that you are TROLLING.

And so, Tsikot.com is giving you three more opportunities to give constructive suggestions on how to make Original Pilipino Vehicles succeed, or you will be banned from this Forum.

This WARNING has been served through PM also.
    Last edited by dprox; September 14th, 2007 at 09:54 AM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    My friend at the LTO saw the pictures, pag ganon ang usok ng diesel engine ng PHUV borderline na sa particulate emissions limit. Then he got shocked when I told him it was a brand new Foton China-made engine. He said in a few months use, the particulate emissions of the PHUV will increase, as in all diesel engines. This is based on his ten-year experience.

Jpdm, are you qualified to claim that the thick smoke coming from the PhUV is safe sa mga bata? Or are you just guessing?

Would you let your parents or siblings breate that poison in?
    Para ka namang hindi nakatira sa Pilipinas... gaano karami ang pampasadang Jeepney na parang pugon sa kalye... I have been treating engines for the past 15 years with a PINOY invented "metal treatment' and "oil conditioning' additive... and I was once actively promoting it in an LTO emmission testing center and guess what... a 2005 camry bought new... and it was to be registered for the first time after a year it has been used... bagsak sa emmission test.... and that is Japanese made. and my 1965 mini - pumasa with figures beating brand new car standards. So I guess... hindi problema yung smoke belching... madali lang solvin yan. Sir Dprox... pag uwi ko... treat ko yang si ChOk - then i test natin sa TESDA para magulat ang mga kalaban.

In fact, even a Korean made van - service ng TESDA... bumalik ang compression.... it was already pumping oil and I got a copy of the TESDA Certificates. But I guess the best proof are my trophies in racing. Since I used this technology for 1 straight year - finishing a racing reason -without giving my car a change oil, nor a tune up... I didn't remove the spark plugs... and It finished the season... and even was champion in the last leg. The only tinkering done is on the carbs... changing jets from time to time. So kahit China yan... madali lang solusyunan yan. I have been using an air compressor made in China under torture condition. Nag stock up ito after a few months... then I treated it with this additive... I inspected it, and have noticed that the push rod doesnt have a dipping part to get oil anymore.... so I treated the bearing... and so far... I have been torturing it for about a year already and it is still running better. In fact, most of my power tools - I treated also, and they have been performing more silent and more smoother.

going back to topic... Engine performance has nothing to do with our design concerns here.... unless, you want to help us design or make a new PInoy Engine... na EURO-3 compliant or even EURO-100 kung meron man.

If not... then at least don't be a EURO-3 complaint standard.

OK... did we leave anything unturned here?... kasi baka meron pang butas si Spectral.... let's see... o baka yung alikabok dun kay Chok at dun sa PHUV mapansin din... eh, pasensya na hindi namin kayang magpa detail ng Meguiar araw araw... Tubig na may halong Kerosene mas mura - katalo na rin. Baka yun punahin din.

Naalala ko nung nag b-BMX pa ako, nung bata pa ako.... yung mga miron ang gagaling sa kwentuhan... at kung makapuna akala mo naman mahuhusay. eh nung karera na at exhibition games na puro porma lang pala hanggang nood lang naman pala... and they will never change being like that.

There are only two types of people in this world... yung bida at yung kontra bida. Saan kayo dun?

Bida ka kung ang pangarap mo makatulong sa Pinoy... Kontra Bida ka kung kinokontra mo yung mga Bida... siyempre.

Am I so glad to be among the bida's. so kung gusto mo maging bida... tigil mo na pangongontra... umayon ka na lang sa bagong pinoy.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ehnriko View Post

OK... did we leave anything unturned here?... kasi baka meron pang butas si Spectral.... let's see... o baka yung alikabok dun kay Chok at dun sa PHUV mapansin din... eh, pasensya na hindi namin kayang magpa detail ng Meguiar araw araw... Tubig na may halong Kerosene mas mura - katalo na rin. Baka yun punahin din.
    Well napansin ko galing sa Pajero ang interior ni Chok and galing sa Isuzu yung engine.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007

Jpdm, are you qualified to claim that the thick smoke coming from the PhUV is safe sa mga bata? Or are you just guessing?Would you let your parents or siblings breate that poison in?
    Thank you sir for you concern. Naniniwala na talaga ako na supporter kayo ng PHUV. Bilib na talaga ako sir spectral na-compute nyo ang volume ng usok na lumabas sa sasakyan sa pagtingin sa pictures lang. Paano nyo nahulaan?

Kahit hindi naman ako rocket scientist sa tagal ko ng humahawak ng sasakyan e, common sense na alam ko kung sobra usok o hindi. Sabi ko nga sa iyo .ka kai-start pa lang. normal na maglalabas usok ng ganun pag start up sa umaga di ba?malamig pa sa Cavite. di ba kotse ganun din pag start up at lalo na pag malamig? Pag-andar naman namin ay wala na e.

Ikaw naman ang dami mo tatanungin dapat yung sa mga emission test centers at hindi kaibigan mo at taga-LTO. Kasi kung sa research e, bias ka na, unreliable pa ang respondent mo. Isa pa nanghuhula ka lang di ba.

Nung una sinasabi mo kailan o hindi tatakbo ang PHUV. Ayun tatlo kaagad nakita mo. marami pa yan. Ngayon Pinakita ko sa iyo nandyan na at tumatakbo na mga PHUVs. Ngayon, wala ka nang masabi kundi usok.
    Last edited by dprox; September 16th, 2007 at 03:05 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe spectral works for the "big boys" (with no balls)....

yung nasasagasaan natin na industry kasi is really worth millions of dollars/pesos business... and it is not surprising that they release their "makapili" to destroy our plans.
    Last edited by wildthing; September 14th, 2007 at 09:25 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    --negative comments about the phuv: its ugly and people will not like it; bad interior; it will not even start.

--when we brought it in our place:
    --beauty is relative. because It was reiterated in the forum and orientation that it is basically a utility vehicle, it was definitely accepted by the students, faculty and staff. In fact orders are coming....

--it has a nice interior for a utility vehicle. so it was widely accepted by the community. wala na rin yung kalawang na sinasabi ni HEIn nun.

--we test-driven it and definitely, good running condition sya..

--sigurado, taob ang jeeneys at van pila dito.

--Sorry na lang spectral (your comments remind me (with teary eyes and runny nose) of trolls living in tsikot), aarangkada na PHUV, Dprox at imus hummer dito. Kasama ang TRIMA (new generation tricycles). Kay join ka na. Tabi tayo!!!

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
DLSU-D Symposium on Phil Utilty Vehicle(s)