The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    ano yun Chokaran FUV. Chokaran Fagget Utility Vehicle

seriously, change the name.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007

The brand-new China engines of the PHUV are already SMOKE-BELCHING. A year from now it is going to get worse.

MR. DPROX, I think your surplus Isuzu engine needs to be serviced too. It is also blowing out SMOKE.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    ano yun Chokaran FUV. Chokaran Fagget Utility Vehicle

seriously, change the name.
    If u cant say anything seriously mate! Just bugger off...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by spectral View Post
    The brand-new China engines of the PHUV are already SMOKE-BELCHING. A year from now it is going to get worse.

MR. DPROX, I think your surplus Isuzu engine needs to be serviced too. It is also blowing out SMOKE.
    What makes you think DPROX's engine is surplus Isuzu? And what makes you think that smoke is DPROX's? Wala naman dun si Harry Potter para palikuin yung emissions ko - at lalo na kung hindi ko pa na-start si Chok.
    I extended a friendly invitation to you. You should have attended the symposium yourself, if you really want to make a serious contribution.
    Last edited by dprox; September 17th, 2007 at 05:26 PM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wala lang masabi mga yan sir dprox.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    wala lang masabi mga yan sir dprox.
    SMOKE BELCHING is a very serious matter. It causes CANCER in people. Look at all the young people who took in the POISON.

The picture sez a thousand words. Or do you guys just wish to turn a blind eye to it?
    Last edited by dprox; September 12th, 2007 at 03:44 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spectral View Post
    SMOKE BELCHING is a very serious matter. It causes CANCER in people. Look at all the young people who took in the POISON.
    The picture sez a thousand words. Or do you guys just wish to turn a blind eye to it?
    It is considered normal for a diesel engine to smoke a little, especially under hard acceleration. However, excessive smoke is not normal and the color of the smoke can aid in diagnosing the problem.

Other countries have what they call the 5-second visible smoke check
    [SIZE=2]What are they looking for?[/SIZE]

If the engine produces clearly visible smoke for five seconds or more, you will need to have it repaired before it passes its warrant / certificate of fitness.

Visible smoke indicates that the vehicle is not running properly, resulting in increased fuel consumption, higher maintenance costs for the owner and negative effects on the environment. Poorly maintained vehicles can release as much as 10 times the emissions as a well maintained vehicle.
    Here's a guide to the types of smoke and possible causes:

[SIZE=2]Type of smoke[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Diagnosis[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Possible causes[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]

gasoline-powered vehicle:
    [/SIZE] [SIZE=2]
    Black or grey[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Incomplete fuel combustion[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Air filter clogged[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Carburettor, choke, fuel injection or emissions system malfunction[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Ignition timing wrong[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Manifold Blocked[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Blue[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Engine oil being burned[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Engine wear (pistons, rings, cylinders, valves, guides, seals)[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Turbo pressure seal failure[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Engine oil level too high[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Diesel-powered vehicle[/SIZE]: [SIZE=2]
    Black or grey[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Incomplete fuel combustion[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Air filter clogged[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Timing incorrect[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Engine overheating[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Injection system faulty[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Blue[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Engine oil being burned or atomised[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Engine wear (pistons, rings, cylinders, valves, guides, seals)[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Engine oil level too high [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]White smoke[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Fuel not burning[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Injection system faulty [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Low compression [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=2]Timing incorrect[/SIZE]
    You cant tell from the picture if those cars were accelerating hard at the time that picture was taken. Plus..you cant tell how long the smoke was visible.

Spectral, its impossible to make accurate conclusions based on that photo. Agree?
    Last edited by dprox; September 12th, 2007 at 07:07 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OyiL View Post
    You cant tell from the picture if those cars were accelerating hard at the time that picture was taken. Plus..you cant tell how long the smoke was visible.
    Spectral, its impossible to make accurate conclusions based on that photo. Agree?
    I can tell you that this photo was taken at the start of the motorcade,
    just as PhUV started revving its engine. The vehicles were still stationary.

DPROX "Chok" hadn't even started its engine yet when this photo was taken.
    Kapapasok pa lang nung driver (see the arm closing the door).
    I should know. I was the driver.

FYI, DPROX "Chok" passed LTO tests (last April), as it has done dutifully for the past three years of personal use -- with ratings of almost negligible emissions.

So, in answer to spectral's question: As a responsible Tsikoteer, I am not blind to smoke belching.
    Last edited by dprox; September 12th, 2007 at 05:38 PM.
    [SIZE="1"]DESIGN is the missing link in the Philippine auto industry.[/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    --Hindi pa nag-iistart nung sasakyan sir spectral. galing sa PHUV yung usok. Di ba ganyan ang diesel o gasolina pag nag-start? 6 hours na ka display yung PHUV. Ini-start for test drive. after a few minutes ala ng usok.

--Thanks for the concern spectral. I assure you low emission yun PHUV nakita mismo ng mata ko. Kaya safe sa mga bata.

--I knew it you are for the success of the PHUV. Thank you for your contribution

--Next time invite kita maging speaker. May forum kami sa sustainable development. I -share mo expertise mo sa ibat-ibang uri ng usok--yung color, type, composition at impact nito sa environment.

--By the way, are you working for DENR or LTO concern ka kasi sa usok e.
    Last edited by dprox; September 12th, 2007 at 07:04 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    just don't take no notice of him...nagpapansin lang yan! actually he is getting in to my nerves but i tried not to react to his comment. I'm just telling my self what a crap he is?isn't it lad!

Anyway, back to regular topic...When is the 2nd prototype of MVPMAP PhUV will be launch? Any date yet or anyone knows what is going to be look like? Can i have a peek.

Baka sir jpdm me pix k dyan...pki share nman. I have attached 2 picture of Ford Tourneo People Carrier and Transit Delivery Van which cost around 19000£ or 1.8 million Pesos which local AUV assembler can lower it by fraction of its price. Well, ung Cavite Hummer Mid Sized Version cost only under half a million. MVPMAP PhUV is being marketed for 350000 pesos with a brand new foton china made engine.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
DLSU-D Symposium on Phil Utilty Vehicle(s)