New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gspeedy View Post
    Hi po ilan po ba ang row ng radiator ng crv gen 2 manual, at ano po ba maganda replacement na brand?

at mas maganda ba kung 2 row ang ipapalit kung sakali, parehobba ang size ng 1row at 2row?
    Just stick to the original design, get the cheapest Taiwan replacement. Taiwan quality is par with orig, its dirt cheap you could get 3 for a price of the casa.

As per my experience, thermostats fail only due to poor maintenance ie. not replacing coolant on reco interval, using tap water only with contaminants causing sediments and rust buildup that eventually calcify hardens on the orifice and moving parts of the thermostat valve. Removing thermostat could cause poor fuel economy.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    yup... our taxis used to run 400kms per day...

but back to the thread...

the car (Gen 2 CRV) is more than 10 years old... how long do you plan to keep it?

forever - buy a replacement but you may need to make adjustments here and there. also there's chances of mali yung mabili mo. then bibili ka ulit nang bigger then adjustment ulit.
    upto 5 years - buy original, baka baratin ka ng buyer if mapansin nya na replacement yung radiator mo tapos modified bracket ng fan - happened to our Adventure

Maybe 3 years or even more.
    was hoping may nakapagtry na dito with their crvs using 2 rows, dapat nga siguro 1 row nalang since yun nga ata ang stock.

looking now for evercool like the one posted online laz, since dami good review but a friend told me good daw ang made in thailand.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    While you're at it. Palitan mo na rin lahat ng hose and then since papalitan mo na rin hose, palitab mo na thermostat para isang gawaan na lang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    While you're at it. Palitan mo na rin lahat ng hose and then since papalitan mo na rin hose, palitab mo na thermostat para isang gawaan na lang.

kung 10 years or 100k km plus na siguro
    pero kung mababa pa mileage, sayang pera
    mas OK din kung orig hose ipalit since konti lang difference sa replacement, atleast sakto pa

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    kung 10 years or 100k km plus na siguro
    pero kung mababa pa mileage, sayang pera
    mas OK din kung orig hose ipalit since konti lang difference sa replacement, atleast sakto pa
    Gen 2 CRV daw eh. Kahit mababa Mileage, dapat palitan na.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i am curious. i don't honda.
    is there a difference between the gen 1 radiator and the gen 2 radiator?

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Gen 2 CRV daw eh. Kahit mababa Mileage, dapat palitan na.
    makikita naman nya kung super dry na yun rubber. sakin kasi noon 215k km bago ko pinalitan, pero dapat siguro nung mga nasa 190k km palang napalitan na.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Just stick to the original design, get the cheapest Taiwan replacement. Taiwan quality is par with orig, its dirt cheap you could get 3 for a price of the casa.

As per my experience, thermostats fail only due to poor maintenance ie. not replacing coolant on reco interval, using tap water only with contaminants causing sediments and rust buildup that eventually calcify hardens on the orifice and moving parts of the thermostat valve. Removing thermostat
    could cause poor fuel economy.

thank you sa reply. You mentioned of thermostat do i need to replace thermostat when replacing radiator? mukang taiwan made nga talaga makukuha ng friend konsa evangelista para tumingin, if he cannot buy one then baka evercool brand na cheapo not the 11k evercool bit the one found in online shops.

i dont think i need to replace the hoses also hindi naman kasi nag overheat.

right on the coolant yun mechanic kasi na pinagpalit ko ng coolant i had that feeling na hindi gumamit ng distilled kaya siguro naglawang and nag crack. masama mag bintang but ireally had that feeling.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2017

need ba talaga sir, hindi naman nag overheat.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gspeedy View Post
    need ba talaga sir, hindi naman nag overheat.
    It's up to you but if it's my car, papalitan ko na lahat mga yun. I will not wait na mag overheat pa.

Mura lang naman radiator hoses and thermostat.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast