New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    It's up to you but if it's my car, papalitan ko na lahat mga yun. I will not wait na mag overheat pa.

Mura lang naman radiator hoses and thermostat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd do the same.Radiator replacement

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gspeedy View Post
    thank you sa reply. You mentioned of thermostat do i need to replace thermostat when replacing radiator?

right on the coolant yun mechanic kasi na pinagpalit ko ng coolant i had that feeling na hindi gumamit ng distilled kaya siguro naglawang and nag crack. masama mag bintang but ireally had that feeling.
    For me if ain't broke, don't fix-just inspect. Orig thermostat could set you back arnd P1.5k. The only time i've seen a faulty thermostat was due to a plugged radiator, its full of rust crap even the aluminum housing of the hose deteriorated, thermostat was covered in hard mineral deposit it failed to open and the gasket was shot.

Thermostats can be cleaned mostly its made of stainless steel. If your rad is full of rust but no signs of overheating then flush clean. If the gaskets and wax element is beyond cleaning then replace. If with overheating that's the only time to open up entire cooling system inspect/replace w.pump, hose, etc. In the end its up to you how much you are willing to cough money to consider MAW-might-as-well replace parts in the process of fixing the broken rad.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    It's up to you but if it's my car, papalitan ko na lahat mga yun. I will not wait na mag overheat pa.

Mura lang naman radiator hoses and thermostat.

papi paano ang waterpamp?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    For me if ain't broke, don't fix-just inspect. Orig thermostat could set you back arnd P1.5k. The only time i've seen a faulty thermostat was due to a plugged radiator, its full of rust crap even the aluminum housing of the hose deteriorated, thermostat was covered in hard mineral deposit it failed to open and the gasket was shot.

Thermostats can be cleaned mostly its made of stainless steel. If your rad is full of rust but no signs of overheating then flush clean.

If the gaskets and wax element is beyond cleaning then replace. If with overheating that's the only time to open up entire cooling system inspect/replace w.pump, hose, etc. In the end its up to you how much you are willing to cough money to consider MAW-might-as-well replace parts in the process of fixing the broken rad.

Im planning to DIY installation, straight up lang ba remove radiator and replace it?

il buy the hoses if available also.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Just stick to the original design, get the cheapest Taiwan replacement. Taiwan quality is par with orig, its dirt cheap you could get 3 for a price of the casa.

As per my experience, thermostats fail only due to poor maintenance ie. not replacing coolant on reco interval, using tap water only with contaminants causing sediments and rust buildup that eventually calcify hardens on the orifice and moving parts of the thermostat valve. Removing thermostat
    could cause poor fuel economy.

Any advise on on DIY diretso palit ba?

thanks sa advise any taiwan brand na natry mo sir?

6. Join Date
    May 2014

ano auto yan?
    sa vios and altis kasi so far parang cassette lang e

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009

Ask your nearest autoshop, its TYC brand if i recall correctly.

Check this vid for an auto(trans cooler integrated on rad). I think he's using Glads kitchen gloves instead of nitrile, still better than nothing.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Ask your nearest autoshop, its TYC brand if i recall correctly.

Check this vid for an auto(trans cooler integrated on rad). I think he's using Glads kitchen gloves instead of nitrile, still better than nothing.
    we used to, and still do, much of our servicing using our bare hands.
    the use of even the thinnest of gloves dulls our sense of feel, our ability to control life, and basically feels strange, kasi. even then, i have a couple stuffed in the rear trunk, for ms. case.
    buti na lang, walang infectious disease like hiv or hepatitis, ang makina ng kotse.
    now, where's my wipe out?
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    papi paano ang waterpamp?
    Malayo kasi eh. He can if he wants to. Para tapos na lahat ng issue sa cooling system. Mura lang din naman waterpump.

Next would be radiator and condenser fan motors.

Siguro pag ako I would replace it as well considering the age of the vehicle.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    we used to, and still do, much of our servicing using our bare hands.
    the use of even the thinnest of gloves dulls our sense of feel, our ability to control life, and basically feels strange, kasi. even then, i have a couple stuffed in the rear trunk, for ms. case.
    buti na lang, walang infectious disease like hiv or hepatitis, ang makina ng kotse.
    now, where's my wipe out?
    heh heh.
    I supposed you were gloves when you're examinfnjnf your patients.Radiator replacement