New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sir,

yon po ibang nabibili na mineral water may marka na "distilled water" okay ba yon para sa radiator?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pal View Post
    Sir,

yon po ibang nabibili na mineral water may marka na "distilled water" okay ba yon para sa radiator?
    Ideally, you should be using distilled drinking water.

The reason for using it is you are avoiding the minerals found in tap water/mineral water, which can form deposits in the cooling system.

But a little tap water for top ups isn't that bad.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sirs,

Napansin ko na nababawasan yung tubig sa reservoir. Typically, kailangan ko shang dagdagan weekly. AFAIK di ba di dapat nababawasan yun? Ano po kaya problema? Could it be the radiator cap, kaya tuloy nag e-evaporate yung coolant sa radiator and na si-siphon yung laman ng reservoir?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The rad cap is a good place to start. They're inexpensive and easy to replace.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I agree with changing the radiator cap. Also look for leaks or loose hoses.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    eto yung color brown sa reservoir tank ng radiator ko... ano po kaya ito?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rogie View Post
    eto yung color brown sa reservoir tank ng radiator ko... ano po kaya ito?
    I had the same stuff on my old corolla, mabilis pang matuyo ang stuff na yon diba? Medyo nakaka aliw and no matter how much I scrub it off laging nag kakaganon. Some people that did clean my radiator (as in opened it up and brushed it) said that yellow stuff are mineral deposits. If its kinda brown may halong oil na nga. Both variants are really hard to remove.

When do you need to change the contents? As often as you want, but definitely if it looks cloudy or milky. Get it checked ASAP. Bring it to the casa for a check-up, should cost about P700 (or ziebart, rapide, etc).

As far as coolants go, follow the recommended ratio on the bottle of the brand you like. No offense to anyone, but 1:1 is not always the case. There are concentrated versions, so just take the minute or less to READ the instructions about how to mix.

And yes, use only distilled water, I dont think I have seen any distilled mineral water though. Its usually one or the other... I think.

If you need to add water every week whether with coolant or just plain old water, then there is something wrong with your cooling system. In fact if your reservoir water regularly nears the low marker even on a monthly basis, it should be taken as a warning.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    how do i know if i need to replace my head gasket? i never encountered overheat and no white smoke coming from my exhaust? thanks for the info =)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have seen any distilled mineral water though. Its usually one or the other... I think.
    It's one or the other because if you subject water through the process of distillation, the suspended solids (which include minerals) will be removed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
radiator maintenance