New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    mga sir gud pm!
    ask ko lang po kung ano ba ang proper maintenance ng radiator? every ilang months po ba cya dapat nililinis? ok po ba gumamit ng coolant compared sa ordinary na water? please advise, thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Ah, dapat talaga coolant ang ginagamit. Using ordinary water will corrode your radiator.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as much as possible, drain your radiator at least once a year, but if you can afford it, at least, every six months. yun nga lang medyo magastos sa coolant, pero its all worth it.

pwedeng i-DIY yan. just look for the drain faucet at the bottom of your radiator, drain everything (make sure that the engine is off), and mix a 1:1 coolant-water mixture, close the drain faucet, put the mixtureinside the radiator, and start the engine. check mo maigi kung walang tagas and yung response nung temperature ng oto.

it is recommended that you use a coolant mixed on the ratio stated above. why? aside from protecting your radiator from corrosion, it boils at a higher temperature, making your engine more protected from the heat.

recommended brands? maski ako.. but i personally use yung Shell brand.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Double Post
    Last edited by MAXBUWAYA; August 15th, 2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Itchy Finger

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we have a 5 and 2 year old car prior to that some 3 and 4year old car.

I never used Coolants just some distilled water or sometimes even just MAYNILAD water. I never had problems with all those car concerning radiator. I just change them almost twice or even up to 4 times a year. (We had a car 4 years hinid napalitan ang tubig, nagputik na yata sa kalawang heheheresulting to overheat)

I believe the trick is in the frequent flushing. Not on some additives or even at the coolant

I think its true that coolant has a higher boiling point but i think the corrosion or rust is still there. The color of the coolant just hides it.

And whats with these Hardware malls selling Preston Anti Freeze
    e anyway?

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    thanks sa mga inputs mga sir very informative!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    gusto ko lang po itanong... every week ko po pinpalitan ng water yung reserve tank ng radiator... meron po kasing color brown or putik na residue dun. never naman ako naka encounter ng overheat ano po kaya yun? btw, i only used distilled water and no coolant. tnx

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rogie View Post
    gusto ko lang po itanong... every week ko po pinpalitan ng water yung reserve tank ng radiator... meron po kasing color brown or putik na residue dun. never naman ako naka encounter ng overheat ano po kaya yun? btw, i only used distilled water and no coolant. tnx
    baka sa dumi lang ng tubig yan that settles.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mahandas View Post
    baka sa dumi lang ng tubig yan that settles.
    i doubt if that could be from the water considering he drains it every week and he uses distilled water.

that can be the lining of the radiator.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Nakow, kulay putik. That means naghahalo na yung oil at tubig. Pa-check mo na yung cylinder headgasket mo, sure ako may tama na yan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
radiator maintenance