New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfox View Post
    thanks for the replies. however, the real reason I'm asking is - have you heard of that case (played/told on the video) re: cancer-causing agents?

I believe the video also told that there are still cancer-causing agents even if not parked under the sun (for e.g., at night). hence, at night, the windows should be open by the time you switch on the AC.

what do you think?
    Then it doesn't matter whether you turn the aircon on or off or open or close the windows?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What i heard is its the adhesive they used for the interior thats causing it. But it was never really proven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Another way to quickly cool down the cabin is to “fan out”.
    -open passenger window
    -open driver side door, open close several times (without latching the door)
    - repeat five times

Works well for me

dito ko rin nakuha yan trick na yan sa tsikot, very effective ^_^
    bihira ko lang gawin dahil pareho covered naman parking sa office and bahay

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    What i heard is its the adhesive they used for the interior thats causing it. But it was never really proven.

comment nun friend ko noon sa new car smell nun auto ko, kaya ayaw mo mag yosi kasi gusto mo "AMOY CHINA" LOL

5. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfox View Post
    thanks for the replies. however, the real reason I'm asking is - have you heard of that case (played/told on the video) re: cancer-causing agents?

I believe the video also told that there are still cancer-causing agents even if not parked under the sun (for e.g., at night). hence, at night, the windows should be open by the time you switch on the AC.

what do you think?
    Everything everywhere has carcinogens. From the food you eat to the air you breathe, but in very minute amounts which can be eliminated by the body in time. So if carcinogens are your reason to ask, then I think it wouldn't matter. I'd be bothered more about the heat in the car than those carcinogens

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sa akin pag pag sa compund lang namin naka park baba ko ng mga 2 inch ung 2 window para hindi masyadong mag init ung loob

7. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman06 View Post
    Everything everywhere has carcinogens. From the food you eat to the air you breathe, but in very minute amounts which can be eliminated by the body in time. So if carcinogens are your reason to ask, then I think it wouldn't matter. I'd be bothered more about the heat in the car than those carcinogens
    This. Everything is so overblown nowadays.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    This Benzene-in-parked-cars scare is 10 years old, maybe more.

FACT CHECK: Do You Know the Danger of Turning on the A/C After Starting the Engine?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Opening all doors will vent out the hot air quicker ... including the rear hatch if there is one ...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it depends.
    anong klaseng hangin ang nasa labas?
    if the cooler air outside is dirtier than the hot air inside, i wouldn't open my windows and/or doors, just to vent out the hot air. i'll let the aircon take care of the temperature gradient.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast