New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Hello everyone, how true is this? (please see the video link below)

https://video.fmnl17-1.fna.fbcdn.net...=5CA2B5F5&dl=1

It says on the video that windows should be lowered so that the air inside the car (while it was switched off) will go outside. The air that was stored there especially during high temperature is cancer-causing (the mixing of burnt plastics and other chemicals). How true is this?

Video Link on Facebook: https://video.fmnl17-1.fna.fbcdn.net...=5CA2B5F5&dl=1

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Personally, If the car was parked under the sun, I will open the windows for a minute of two para sumingaw yung init.

Sometimes I keep it open until I pay for the parking.

For those really hot days... I ask the intern to go down 30 minutes to open my windows

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Im doing the same... pero 1-2minutes lang...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    When parked under the sun, does anybody here open all doors (with windows rolled up) then closes the doors on one side to "push" the hot air through the open doors of the opposite side?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Nice idea

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another way to quickly cool down the cabin is to “fan out”.

-open passenger window
    -open driver side door, open close several times (without latching the door)
    - repeat five times

Works well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    When parked under the sun, does anybody here open all doors (with windows rolled up) then closes the doors on one side to "push" the hot air through the open doors of the opposite side?
    Sure way to fan out the hot air inside the cabin....

Also, while driving,- open the windows 1/4 of the way to push out the hot air....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I open all windows, put the aircon on fan, open the recirculate button to pull air from outside and drive for a few hundred meters before closing the rear windows. Fronts are left open till the temp gauge ticks up, and only then do I close the windows, close the recirculate button, and turn on the aircon.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    Another way to quickly cool down the cabin is to “fan out”.

-open passenger window
    -open driver side door, open close several times (without latching the door)
    - repeat five times

Works well for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i always do this since my car is regularly parked under the sun but on windy days i just open all doors and let the air in/out....

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    thanks for the replies. however, the real reason I'm asking is - have you heard of that case (played/told on the video) re: cancer-causing agents?

I believe the video also told that there are still cancer-causing agents even if not parked under the sun (for e.g., at night). hence, at night, the windows should be open by the time you switch on the AC.

what do you think?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast