New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Honda accord 1997

tanong ko lang saan maganda magpaayos ng radiator? near Las Pinas lang

nilinis na yung radiator (overhaul). nacheck na din na wala DAW LEAK, mababa naman ang temp nya (city driving) pero pag long drive like going to tagaytay nagooverheat siya.

ano inputs niyo dito mga sir? ano kaya sira neto? and saan pede ipaayos? near Las Pinas lang sana.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    have your radiator hoses checked baka me leaks na. Also, check if the clips attaching the hoses to the radiator and engine block are tight. And check for leaks around the thermostat assembly (connecting the upper radiator hose to the block). And finally check if your car is emitting white smoke sa exhaust baka (hopefully hindi) me leak na cylinder head gasket mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    chineck na ng mekaniko yung mga hose din e. pero sabi nila wala naman daw leak. and dun sa white smoke? ang alam ko wala pong nalabas na white smoke

san po ba maganda ipacheck to? near LAS PINAS lang po

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by polista View Post
    Honda accord 1997

tanong ko lang saan maganda magpaayos ng radiator? near Las Pinas lang

nilinis na yung radiator (overhaul). nacheck na din na wala DAW LEAK, mababa naman ang temp nya (city driving) pero pag long drive like going to tagaytay nagooverheat siya.

ano inputs niyo dito mga sir? ano kaya sira neto? and saan pede ipaayos? near Las Pinas lang sana.
    parehas tayo sir ng problem with my b2500..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    *Polista

Have the radiator cap checked or replaced if it is more than 4 years old. The spring underneath may not be doing its job to release internal pressure when needed. Make sure the replacement is of the same spec as the original.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicVTi View Post
    *Polista

Have the radiator cap checked or replaced if it is more than 4 years old. The spring underneath may not be doing its job to release internal pressure when needed. Make sure the replacement is of the same spec as the original.
    I also have a 97 Accord with the same problem. City driving is fine, but long drives at ~100Kph along SLEX/NLEX with the aircon on caused it to overheat.

Turns out it was the radiator cap. Bought a 1.1 bar rated cap from speedyfix and all was fixed.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    oww. sige po try ko muna palitan ng radiator cap.

San po ba kayo nagpapaayos ng radiator? any inputs? para kung sakaling hindi radiator cap ang problema

I have my radiator fixed at Mang Joe's, near Rizal High School in Sixto Antonio Ave Pasig. This is near Pasig Rotonda. Ilang dekada na nandun yung Joe's Radiator Shop, kilala na siya dun. Pero dahil sobrang liit nang shop, 1 customer at a time lang puede.

May thermostat pa ba ang Accord mo? Baka natanggalan na ng thermostat, at ikot lang nang ikot ang tubig. For long drives, the radiator will not have the chance to cool down the circulating water, kasi ikot lang nang ikot eh. The thermostat is supposed to keep water from circulating, so the radiator is able to cool down the temps, when thermostat opens due to high temp, it will release the hot water back to the radiator, and take in the cooled down water, then shut off uli ang thermostat.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    *TS - sir I bet, pure tap/distilled water lang ang gamit niyo? tama po ba?

you said kung normal city driving lang, no overheat. kung long drive overheating ka. tandaan na ang water maganda ang cooling power pero mabilis maabot ang boiling point, hence in long drive umaabot na ng boiling point ang water.

my recommendation, put 50-50 coolant in your radiator. in your reservoir naman, pure coolant. unahin mo muna itong gawin sir, yung ibang recommendations na nabasa ko dito masyado kaagad malala, always start from the basics.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Assuming all other things are good i.e. clean rad, good cap, good tstat, good CH gasket, etc...another thing to look for is the radiator lower hose. it could be collapsing (even w/o leaks). the reason is that the water pump creates negative pressure (vacuum) in the water jacket esp during high speed thus the highway overheat.

Plus, checking the cap operation:
    1. Compress if it can be compressed (for relieving pressure)
    2. Pull the inner spring if it can be pulled (for relieving vacuum)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Long drive overheat