New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    for me its:

1> turn on engine

2> turn on blower

3> if mainit sa loob, open windows for a minute or two.

4> turn on the compressor, via thermostat. walang a/c button yung fx eh.

i do this to let the engine spray itself with oil, so when i activate the idle up system via thermostat its less wear and tear.

pag ioff naman engine, off muna compressor via thermostat pagdating sa bahay then off ng blower then engine after parking the vehicle. opening the gates, vehicle entry, gates closed, that takes a minute at least. by that time tuyo na evaporator. =)

its more of taking care of the engine (start up) and the vehicle itself (iwas amoy mabaho/kulob).

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    double post....

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I turn on the A/C (fan and compressor) even on cold-starts. The extra load will actually speed up the engine warm-up. Also, the slightly elevated idling will help increase oil pressure to get them moving.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I turn on the A/C (fan and compressor) even on cold-starts. The extra load will actually speed up the engine warm-up. Also, the slightly elevated idling will help increase oil pressure to get them moving.
    hindi ba ito masama?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chard23 View Post
    hindi ba ito masama?
    I see no reason. The only thing to remember is, dapat mag idle-up. If by turning on the compressor, the extra load is instead dragging the engine to a lower RPM when the engine is still cold, then stop doing it.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Assuming your ac unit is working perfectly,kelangan bang I palinis at kung yes,kelan dapat,yearly,2 years?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mga newer cars Hindi na dapat nag cleaning ng ac system. Kaya may cabin filter na. Para mafilter yung mga dumi. Just change the filter every so often. Kaya usually baklas dashboard na mga cars ngayon kung kailangan mag cleaning. From design niya kasi filter changes nalang dapat.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Kabitan ng turbo timer ang blower, para pag off mo ng engine ung blower running pa din ng ilang minutes

sent via LaTE Network

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Saan mas malakas ang effect ng fuel consumption, Sa high thermostat adjustment to cool, Yung high fan or both. Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by povillo View Post
    Saan mas malakas ang effect ng fuel consumption, Sa high thermostat adjustment to cool, Yung high fan or both. Thanks.
    i believe the power drain in running the compressor, outweighs any electrical drain the fan motor can think of.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast