New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    mga master,

tanong lang kung anong proper na pagbukas ng a/c naka fan ba muna at off ang thermostat o sabay na bukas ang fan at thermostat...? anong mas mabuti para humaba ang buhay ng a/c...?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Doesn't matter really...either way walang problema but I don't see the logic of turning on the fan first bago buksan yun compressor..makes no sense

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Parang aircon sa bahay? Fan muna bago Low Cool? I don't want to add unnecessary wear and tear to my switches. Basta I make sure that the AC is off before I start the engine to minimize load on the starter and battery. I turn off the aircon first before turning off the engine.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    It does make sense imo

The starting current of a motor is really high so thats high current running thru your windings.. Parang hinahawakan mo yung fan blades habang naka on.. Then if you turn your a/c's fan & comp at the same time.. Imagine the power voltage drop in your system if it was in your car.. Which may shorten the life of your alternator/battery or any other electrical component on your system..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Some cars with climate control do not engage the compressor agad when the car is started. Maghihintay sya ng ilang seconds bago kakagat ang compressor. Not sure with manual ACs though.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenThing View Post
    It does make sense imo

The starting current of a motor is really high so thats high current running thru your windings.. Parang hinahawakan mo yung fan blades habang naka on.. Then if you turn your a/c's fan & comp at the same time.. Imagine the power voltage drop in your system if it was in your car.. Which may shorten the life of your alternator/battery or any other electrical component on your system..
    the starting current is high but it tapers off quickly also the compressor is mechanically driven by the fan belts.
    kung critical ang pag-on and off ng aircon dapat nilagyan na ng special instruction yan sa manual.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I would say it does not matter unless otherwise indicated in your car manual. If unsure best would be to turn on the engine first, then aircon fan, then a/c compressor on a manual a/c system. You can do all that in under 5 seconds anyway.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    owner's manual usually suggest the AC should be OFF before starting the car and before turning off the engine ... this ensures lighter electrical load during starting

as to whether the fan or compressor goes first, it doesn't matter ... most owners don't touch the thermostat setting when turning the AC on, so the fan and compressor kicks in simultaneously and does not hurt anything

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    pag mainit singaw sa loob ng oto (lalo na nabilad ng matagal), todo sa fan muna
    habang naka-awang mga bintana.

turning A/C off - thermostat first, then let the fan on for a minute or two.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I keep the A/C switch "on" (and thermostat in my usual setting) and just turn on the A/C a few moments after i start the car (kung malamig naman panahon, i wait for the car to warm a bit and turn on the A/c when my idle is more settled) and turn off before shutting off the engine. Wala naman sira because of that aside from the usual wear and tear.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast