New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Problem ko kasi by the time na nagmimintiss na yung aircon before bumigay ay nakikita kong nag 8 or wiggle na yung pulley. Pinapatingnan ko agad sa mekaniko at lagi na lang nakikitang may gasgas n ayung shaft. Akala mo kinain ng pulley yung shaft.
    Ang gusto kong malaman ay possible root cause nung pagkasira ng shaft. Di ko kasi malaman kung nag otso muna yung pulley kaya nagasgas yung shaft or due to wear and tear kung saan unang bumibigay sa rubbing yung shaft.
    Habol ko kasi is ma prolong yung buhay ng compressor ng atleast 5 years rather than 3.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Pwede na on aircon after you start the engine. Don't make it complicated.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just turn on the aircon as soon as the engine has started. Nothing more complicated than that.

Sent from my Nokia 5110 using Tsikot app.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by denn19641 View Post
    Ganito rin ang gawa ko. May nakapagsabi sakin na mag fan muna lalo na kapaga nakabilad
    sa araw ang sasakyan. Laminated na kasi ang mga evaporator ngayon kaya madaling mabutas.
    Sabi sakin, mag fan muna ng kahit 3 minutes para ilabas nya yung mainit na hangin.
    Pag di na ganun kainit, tsaka pa lang buksan and engine at mag AC.
    Kapag dumaloy kasi ang freon ng hindi pa napasingaw yung init, mag kakaroon ng "sudden change" ng temp
    dun sa evaporator. Di naman sya agad na mabubutas pero pag ganun lagi ang gawa o practice, dun sya
    mag uumpisang magka problema.

Makakatulong din na sa covered parking ilagay ang sasakyan kung pwede para kung may mainipin kang kasabay,
    hindi mo kinakailangan mag fan ng mas matagal. Nung 2006 pa ko huling nagpalit ng Keihin evqaporator kaya
    masasabi ko na epektibo yung sinabi sakin.

hinde totoo yan, ako hinde pa nagpapalit ng evaporator...mas effective yun...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    mga master,

ung tick na tunog anong nangyayari pag naririnig un? sa compressor ba un?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasenklaud View Post
    mga master,

ung tick na tunog anong nangyayari pag naririnig un? sa compressor ba un?
    It means your compressor is working,that tick sound is the on and off

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    kahit anong style pwede. basta ang uunahin mo palagi bago pumasok ng kotse e yung....

maligo! ang kalimitan sanhi ng pagbabara ng evaporator e libag na galing sa iyo. yan ang kinabubuhay ng germs at fungi na siyang bumabara sa evaporator fins.

:hysterical:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    By the way ang practice ko e: 1. turn on engine 2.turn on fan only 5. after 3-5 mins turn on A/C. My ride is Honda EK 99 5 years sa akin wala akong pinagawang sira ng A/C ko maliban s maintenance, wear & tear parts.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Parang aircon sa bahay? Fan muna bago Low Cool? I don't want to add unnecessary wear and tear to my switches. Basta I make sure that the AC is off before I start the engine to minimize load on the starter and battery. I turn off the aircon first before turning off the engine.

+10 bro..yung iba naman kase pag ON ng switch sagad agad sa high para daw lumamig agad..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Sharing an old article: Honda's Tips on Proper Use of Car Aircon

Summer is officially here! Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. imparts practical tips on proper use and maintenance of car air-conditioning unit to beat the summer heat. The air-conditioning unit is an indispensable item in today's car especially in a tropical country such as ours.

In new cars, problems hardly ever occur but after a length of time, depending on the working conditions, its efficiency naturally diminishes. So, it is advisable that car owners know how to properly use and maintain the car's air-con system in order to obtain the longest possible service.

Here are the following suggestions:

1. Check the position of the compressor control switch (A/C knob) if it is in the 'open' or 'shut off' position. One should shut if off before starting the engine. This will avoid unnecessary drag caused by the compressor while cranking the engine.

2. Once the engine runs on, switch the fan on first. Blow the air-con's fan at the highest speed for about a minute in order to clear away the hot air trapped in the air-con's ducts. Then, depress the A/C knob to turn the compressor on at coolest temperature. The next step is to adjust the fan speed and temperature control switch to the level most comfortable to you.

3. Switch off the compressor before cutting off the engine. Keep the fan on at highest speed so that it blows away all humidity trapped inside the evaporator or 'air-box.' This will help eliminate the smell of stale air when you subsequently turn on air-con again, and at the same time, to lengthen the service of the evaporator. The process only takes about 2-3 minutes.

The smell of stale air inside air-con ducts can be eliminated by simply parking your car in a sunny, open space. Open all doors and leave the car for about 2-3 hours or until the smell finally disappears. Make sure that the sun's ray reaches the greater part of the cabin. If the stale smell still persists, however, consult a reliable service center nearby.

Honda's Tips on Proper Use of Car Aircon - Auto News by AutoIndustriya.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast