New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My car is a 2010 Altis. For the past three days I have noticed that the cold air has been reduced. This car is my daily driver and my temperature is always set at 24C so I know how cold it is supposed to feel like. When I tried to feel the air coming out of the blower, it is really not cold enough, Today was very rainy and cold yet the car did not feel that much cold as it should be. I did not even need to use the defogger. Normally, in weather like this, I would need to use the defogger after a few minutes because it gets really cold.

In the past, I already claimed warranty from the Casa thrice from problems with the Auto Climate (it can't sense the correct climate? ) I am not sure if this could be connected. But then again, with the Auto Climate problem it was the blower setting that's the problem. This time it's the air that's being blown out that is not cold enough.

I am at a dilemma on whether I should have this repaired by the casa because my car's warranty period just ended. I am not sure if I could argue this as a backjob Is there a reputable AC shop where I could bring my car? I am afraid to mess up whatever settings the car has that is why I am more comfortable with the casa. But then again if it will cost me more than double, then I will just risk having it repaired some place else. Out of warranty na rin naman e.

Thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    My car is a 2010 Altis. For the past three days I have noticed that the cold air has been reduced. This car is my daily driver and my temperature is always set at 24C so I know how cold it is supposed to feel like. When I tried to feel the air coming out of the blower, it is really not cold enough, Today was very rainy and cold yet the car did not feel that much cold as it should be. I did not even need to use the defogger. Normally, in weather like this, I would need to use the defogger after a few minutes because it gets really cold.

In the past, I already claimed warranty from the Casa thrice from problems with the Auto Climate (it can't sense the correct climate? ) I am not sure if this could be connected. But then again, with the Auto Climate problem it was the blower setting that's the problem. This time it's the air that's being blown out that is not cold enough.

I am at a dilemma on whether I should have this repaired by the casa because my car's warranty period just ended. I am not sure if I could argue this as a backjob Is there a reputable AC shop where I could bring my car? I am afraid to mess up whatever settings the car has that is why I am more comfortable with the casa. But then again if it will cost me more than double, then I will just risk having it repaired some place else. Out of warranty na rin naman e.

Thanks in advance
    you can claim it as back job because you had claimed warranty for the same problem 3x. as long as everything was recorded.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post

Thanks in advance
    I have climate control too in my Toyota that is always set at 24c. I think there is something wrong with yours as the air conditioner should lower its temperature automatically once the cabin temperature has reached 24c. The temperature you set is your preferred cabin temperature which your climate controlled air conditioner will match. There's no harm in trying to get Toyota to fix it. Why don't you ask them?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    you can claim it as back job because you had claimed warranty for the same problem 3x. as long as everything was recorded.
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    I have climate control too in my Toyota that is always set at 24c. I think there is something wrong with yours as the air conditioner should lower its temperature automatically once the cabin temperature has reached 24c. The temperature you set is your preferred cabin temperature which your climate controlled air conditioner will match. There's no harm in trying to get Toyota to fix it. Why don't you ask them?
    I'll try to claim it as back job. I am not very confident about it though because my problem before was when I set it at 24C, even if it is hot, the blower will be just one or two bars. But the air it blows is still cold and no problem if I switch to manual.

But now, it's the air that is being blown out that is not cold anymore, auto or manual it's not malamig anymore. Hay, LEMON ata AC ko

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Freon lang kaya? But then if the AC is losing freon then there's still a problem somewhere

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is it under warranty?
    kung wala na, dalahin mo na lang sa reputable AC shop like ceejays.
    mas may tiwala pa ako dun kesa sa casa eh.

could be the freon, pero tama ka, pag freon, may leak.
    could be the thermostat.
    could be the climate control

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Is there a "max cool" or equivalent mode? Setting it to that mode would bypass the climate control and operate the A/C at its coldest setting, regardless of cabin temperature. Otherwise, try to set the temp to the lowest/coldest setting. This procedure will check if the mechanicals are still working as they should.

If the air becomes cold, then it is likely a climate control/temp sensor or electronics problem. If the air didn't get cold, then it is likely that some other A/C components are faulty.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Baka Magnetic Clutch? Sirain Magnetic Clutch ng mga Toyota eh. Ilan na ba mileage nung Altis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    is it under warranty?
    kung wala na, dalahin mo na lang sa reputable AC shop like ceejays.
    mas may tiwala pa ako dun kesa sa casa eh.

could be the freon, pero tama ka, pag freon, may leak.
    could be the thermostat.
    could be the climate control
    Kakatapos lang ng warranty

Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Is there a "max cool" or equivalent mode? Setting it to that mode would bypass the climate control and operate the A/C at its coldest setting, regardless of cabin temperature. Otherwise, try to set the temp to the lowest/coldest setting. This procedure will check if the mechanicals are still working as they should.

If the air becomes cold, then it is likely a climate control/temp sensor or electronics problem. If the air didn't get cold, then it is likely that some other A/C components are faulty.
    I did set it to manual and tried the coldest setting but the air being blown is really not cold enough e.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    freon yan

why not have it checked sa shop where you brought the corolla?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast