New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi cathy, as with your problem, pag nawawala ang lamig after a whyl, and goes back after switching it on again, specially when it is in traffic or at idling speed there could be various problems, 1 could be the condenser fan is not working, have your condenser fan fuse check if it is not yet busted or the fan motor itself is defective, 2 have your refrigerant level check, it maybe undercharged, pls have it checked for leaks, 3 maybe the filter drier is clogged, as you have said, my hissing sound ka nadidinig, its a sign that it is undercharged. if you have questions, pls feel free to call me * 09154139106.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    nga pla, i have read your post asking how much it will cost you if you replace your entire system, as for my estimate sa nippondenso system, it would at least range from abt 25t more or less, but your problem is so simple, u dont need to spend that much, ang problema nga lang, di nila ma detect yug talaga problem, kya k napapalaki ng gastos, at the same time, di nila mapatino system mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    What happened to me once was the AC shop told me general cleaning ang recommendation. Only to find out after that the drive plate has too much clearance that the magnetic solenoid can not engage the compressor to the pulley. Puno ng freon at malinis lahat when i saw system during dismantling.I was so dissapointed with me and the shop for not seeing the simple problem. Pinokpok lang yung stopper para lumapit. Ayon sayang pera ko for refrigerant, valves and driers. Dual pa naman.

Drive plate is the front most part of the compressor. Pagsumasama ang ikot naka engage pag stationary yon hindi magpupump ang compressor ergo hindi lalamig. Clearance or gap is critical dito.
    just like to ask, what is the problem when you went to the shop, totally no cold air or insuffecient cooling lang? thanks

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by autofrost View Post
    hi cathy, as with your problem, pag nawawala ang lamig after a whyl, and goes back after switching it on again, specially when it is in traffic or at idling speed there could be various problems, 1 could be the condenser fan is not working, have your condenser fan fuse check if it is not yet busted or the fan motor itself is defective, 2 have your refrigerant level check, it maybe undercharged, pls have it checked for leaks, 3 maybe the filter drier is clogged, as you have said, my hissing sound ka nadidinig, its a sign that it is undercharged. if you have questions, pls feel free to call me * 09154139106.
    Hi Autofrost! If only I could go to Bulacan I think we could eliminate number 3 because I just had the drier replaced 2 days ago. Re the refrigerant level, is that the freon? How do I know if it's the correct level na? The guy said it should be between 20 and 40 daw? He didn't show me the gauge though after he charged it. Also I have a great feeling that something is wrong kasi they didn't show me the thermometer that they usually stick in the vent. I read in the post that it should be 12 C.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    its me again, u will know that the system is fully charged, 1 is when the suction tube is freezing cold, it is the big tube going inside the evap, the one enters in the firewall on the passenger side. 2 when there are no cloudy appearance on the sight glass on the filter drier. here in our shop kasi, we use top of the line diagnostic system analyzer, kya madali samin mag detect ng prob ng system, we charged the system with refrigerant by means of electronic charging, it is so accurate that up to .01 grams, calculated namin, kya d kmi na under o overcharged. i advise u to pls. dont rely on thermometer, maguguluhan ka lang, just rely onthe back of your hands if its like biting cold, hehe!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    just rely onthe back of your hands if its like biting cold, hehe!
    If I'll use that as a gauge then my AC is really busted. hehehe. I drove my car a while ago and I was close to breaking a sweat (on low temp). Although I noticed that the car does get cold but it takes quite a while, like 15 minutes or so. Dati kasi almost immediate yung lamig. hehe. So I really should take it back to the AC shop. I'll list down all the things that you said so I have a ready answer for them.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    cge, pag dun ka na shop wer u had ur ac done, pa diagnose mu ulit sa kanila & ask them kung anu uli gagawin nila. then txt me, tingnan ntn kung mag jive ung diagnosis namin. hehe! backjob mu sa kanila, di naman nila na solve ung talaga problem e, kasi ung iba shop, pag dinala mu car mu para tingnan, diagnose kagad cleaning at palit mga pyesa like exp valve at drier, which usually last long naman given the proper installation and procedure.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    2 when there are no cloudy appearance on the sight glass on the filter drier. here in our shop kasi, we use top of the line diagnostic system analyzer, kya madali samin mag detect ng prob ng system, we charged the system with refrigerant by means of electronic charging, it is so accurate that up to .01 grams, calculated namin, kya d kmi na under o overcharged.
    questions...

- ano yung dapat nakikita doon sa glass ng filter drier? kasi ang nakikita ko lagi parang may umiikot na fluid.

-Yung system analyzer nyo meron din sa mga aircon shop sa manila or halos yung mga ginagamit dito the same lang kayo...

thanks

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    sight glass should be clear, no swirling bubbles.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    if your in the south part (las pinas cavite paranaque) try CeeJay aircon shop, their at alabang-zapote road near perpetual help just beside Allied bank along side shell. their good and reasonably priced just my two cents

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
AC Mainit Pa Rin! - New Evap, Exp Valve and Drier