New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi, 1st, have your compressor checked for compression, maybe mdyo mhina na bomba nya, it can be checked by installing it with a gauge by a technician, low side at idling speed should at least be 50 or lower, its hi side should at least be 200, considering na nippondenso ang ac system mo, dapat malamig talaga. 2nd, its the evaporator, originally, nippondenso should be laminated, tama si banawe, mdyo matagal lumamig un, as with my experience as a ac shop owner, sa corolla, d match ang serpentine, it should be laminated. it varies with each vehicles kung mag match ang replacement evaporator.

have your compressor, aux fan, condenser checked too...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    What happened to me once was the AC shop told me general cleaning ang recommendation. Only to find out after that the drive plate has too much clearance that the magnetic solenoid can not engage the compressor to the pulley. Puno ng freon at malinis lahat when i saw system during dismantling.I was so dissapointed with me and the shop for not seeing the simple problem. Pinokpok lang yung stopper para lumapit. Ayon sayang pera ko for refrigerant, valves and driers. Dual pa naman.

Drive plate is the front most part of the compressor. Pagsumasama ang ikot naka engage pag stationary yon hindi magpupump ang compressor ergo hindi lalamig. Clearance or gap is critical dito.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Yup, my "partial" repairs ended up being more expensive than getting a full brand new kit from Coolmate, at that time may promo pa sila lalabas parang 20% cheaper than my tagpi-tagpi repair.

Where did you buy the full brand new kit? How much did it cost you?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by banawe View Post
    Sep 2006:

i was looking at your expenses ... i think your problem is your cooling coil ... serpentine usually cost 2500 - 3000 ... the problem sa serpentine matagal lumamig ... that may be the probelm ... if your paying for a good cooling coil ... dapat nag laminated ka na ... 4000 - 5000 ..... you don't have to pay 4500 for a serpentine

you can also change oil ng compressor baka kulang na yung lakas niya ...

BANAWE AUTO SUPPLY
    regy
    Just this afternoon my AC stopped working again! It's as if it was only the fan that was working so I turned it off. After 20 mins I turned it on again -full blast and it started blowing cold air again but then I'd hear whistles every now and then. The type of whistle when you see a ***y lady. hehe. Not just hissing. What could be wrong? Should I just change the whole system? Baka may remedyo? I don't wanna end up wasting the 4,500 that I spent yesterday. The mechanic at the AC shop also told me that I need to bring it back there to have the bearing fixed/changed coz my compressor is kinda maingay daw. He said to let a month or so pass before doing so 'coz they'd have to charge me again for the freon.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Backjob mo sa kanila ulit... at whag ka mag bayad ni isang kusing...

palit na lahat tapos sira pa... kalokohan.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I'm hearing whistling on my AC too sometimes, compressor bearing ba yun? Minsan pag nalulubak tsaka nag whiwhistle e.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hi, i left my car with coolmate pasong tamo yesterday for compressor replacement. 15 years old na rin ang stock compressor ko. check the topic i posted "denso - is it worth it".

will see how it goes.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    What happened to me once was the AC shop told me general cleaning ang recommendation. Only to find out after that the drive plate has too much clearance that the magnetic solenoid can not engage the compressor to the pulley. Puno ng freon at malinis lahat when i saw system during dismantling.I was so dissapointed with me and the shop for not seeing the simple problem. Pinokpok lang yung stopper para lumapit. Ayon sayang pera ko for refrigerant, valves and driers. Dual pa naman.

Drive plate is the front most part of the compressor. Pagsumasama ang ikot naka engage pag stationary yon hindi magpupump ang compressor ergo hindi lalamig. Clearance or gap is critical dito.
    Ano cause bakit nagkakaganyan

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    just underwent through this problem last month. the first shop i consulted qouted me a P6000 bill. gusto madami palitan plus when i asked if the price of the parts to be replaced were fair here and in another fourm, the responses were all the same: taga masyado ang presyo ng parts. so i approached another aircon shop recommended to me by my friends and they just replaced 2 parts tapos mas mababa pa talaga ang singil ng parts. ngayon ok na ok na ang a/c ko

it's a good thing i didn't fall for the complicated explanation of the first a/c shop on why some parts of my a/c needed replacement. otherwise i would have shelved out P3500 more than really necessary (although, i might add, it's a very reputable shop in my area and i already had my a/c cleaned satsfactorily over there before). in matters like these, it really pays to get a 2nd opinion

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
AC Mainit Pa Rin! - New Evap, Exp Valve and Drier