New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CPY61 View Post
    if your in the south part (las pinas cavite paranaque) try CeeJay aircon shop, their at alabang-zapote road near perpetual help just beside Allied bank along side shell. their good and reasonably priced just my two cents
    Yeah thanks. I saw a lot of good comments re CeeJay in other thread. I'll go there if the AC shop that I originally went to gives me bogus diagnosis

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    am havign a similar problem with my a/c now. pero dina sya lumalamig totally. pinatingin ko sa tabi tabi sbi sira daw ang magnetic clutch ko, did i get that right? may marecommend b kyong aircon shops sa banawe or mandaluyong area? gusto ko sana 2nd opinion

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sometimes cheaper is really NOT better

we serviced it to cheap aircon shops and they told us to replace the old compressor.

still, we managed to keep the old compressor

the aircon mechanic bought and installed the "new daw" compressor

wlang nangyari

dinala namin sa DENSO service center mismo

(they did some repairs)

and then they also asked for the old one dahil defective umano ung biniling compressor

sinalpak nila

tapos ang problema.... sulit rin ung PHP 14,000 namin

sayang nga lang ung ginastos sa "bago daw" na compressor at doon sa lokong mekaniko

minsan, mas mabuti na lang na gumastos ka sa sigurado....

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Had my AC fixed last Feb. They replaced the compressor (Bnew original) and Drier. I paid a total of P15,500 for the job. AC is cool but I noticed that it is really noisy. At first I thought it was the engine. When I had my oil changed in Manila, I was told that the AC's clutch is bumibitaw or sumasabit (I actually can't remember). AC is still under warranty but I was so disappointed that despite the bnew compressor problems still arose in my AC system. I chose to have it replaced precisely because I don't wanna have headaches anymore My compressor is still under warranty and I plan to return to the shop next week. Actually I am overwhelmed because I also suspect that my car is due for overhaul so I don't know which repairs to prioritize. hehe. Analysis Paralysis na talaga.

BTW napaos yung busina ko after the AC repair/replacement. May kinalalaman ba yun or should I buy a new horn na?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's possible that the wiring for the horn got pulled. Check the connections around the general area. I think the Corolla will have its A/C compressor at the front right, lower section of the engine bay if memory serves. If the mechanic worked on the fans nagalaw siguro yung horns or its wiring.

Make sure the compressor was oiled properly prior to installation. I would think a brand new compressor would already have its own oil but it's better to be safe and have it checked. Kung sumasabit ang clutch ng A/C, it shouldn't dahil brand new siya (brand new compressor means compressor and clutch). And what does the mechanic mean by sumasabit - saan? Maybe you have bad engine mounts na and the compressor is hitting the body of the car? Does this happen only with the A/C on?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Yup it only happens when the AC is on. Does that mean I got a defective compressor?

Wow galing! I was told by my other mechanic that I need to replace the engine and tranmission support. I plan to do so but I am just overwhelmed with which repair to do first. hehe.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    kung malapit ka sa banaue eh kay Sanzei ka sana nagpagawa....hindi ka bobolahin doon.....honest....hindi pa mahal ang price....

ingat din sa mga ibang car aircon shop na standard operating procedure eh palit filter drier kahit hindi naman kailangan palitan.....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Yup it only happens when the AC is on. Does that mean I got a defective compressor?

Wow galing! I was told by my other mechanic that I need to replace the engine and tranmission support. I plan to do so but I am just overwhelmed with which repair to do first. hehe.
    Well, there you go. Replace the mounts as soon as you can, you don't want a brand new compressor and its clutch hitting the right front chassis fork and possibly void the warranty mahal ang mounts, I suggest if you'll keep the car go with quality parts but if you have plans to sell it just replace with cheaper alternatives. That way you don't have to worry about spending too much on something you won't keep.

It's possible compressors can be defective out of the box.

Actually when you open the A/C system you MUST replace the drier, unless you're doing it so efficiently that it's only open for a few seconds at the most. That's because opening the system will allow moisture in, so the drier will absorb (adsorb?) that, and will need to be replaced so the new one can function better than a drier that's been exposed to moisture. Dyan pa kung saan napakahumid, I think it's cheap insurance mura lang naman yung part usually. In Cathy's case, palit compressor means palit drier too.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    sayang money for repairs done without any significant result... to TS cathy_for_you you may also try looking for another shop.. baka LOW QUALITY yung freon na nilalagay sa A/C system mo.. i had the same experience na nag palit ng DRIER / FILTER, EXPANSION VALVE, etc and after all the parts changed still mahina lamig ng A/C ko.. then i consulted another aircon tech dito sa Las pinas si MR. COLDWET galing gumawa kasi talagang pulido... he again vacuumed my system for 1 hour and replaced the FREON with US made freon!!! Ayun after that lumamig na ng todo A/C ko up to now ok na ok pa din... normally aircon temp at vent is BELOW 10deg celsuis when A/C is engaged at idle... when vehicle is moving temp should be below 5deg celsius.. i've bought a thermometer to monitor my aircon temp and its amazing it can go as low as 0deg celsius... ORIG freon lang pala katapat...hehehehe magaling talaga yung tech meron pa sila gadget to retrieve freon unlike other shops na pinasisingaw lang yung freon which is bad for the environment..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sabi US freon daw. Lumalamig pero matagal (parang nagpapainit pa muna hehe) Saan malapit si Mr Coldwet? Near Ceejay's ba?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
AC Mainit Pa Rin! - New Evap, Exp Valve and Drier