New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    The owner of Badtz car shop (distributor of X-films) was the one who told me that the light dark shade tint is prone to dashboard reflection. The shop owner recommended to go for the medium dark but I still opted for the light dark one.

I haven't tried the super dark tint.
    Thanks again for the feedback. Still contemplating if I will shift from 3M to X-films

2. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Share nyo din performance nya sa gabi.
    Usually kasi sa mga nagbebenta, during daytime lang maibigay na sample ng shade niya.
    But if driven at night, dun mo lang malalaman na ang dilim pala nya.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    Usually kasi sa mga nagbebenta, during daytime lang maibigay na sample ng shade niya.
    I'm thinking of having this installed on my WRX. After 17 years of the no-tint life I'm using it a bit more during the day and it's HOT outside.

How clear is their 65VLT? The 70VLT seems nice but the IR rejection is a tad lower, and the warranty is shorter.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post
    there is no such thing as a tint that does not diminish driver's viewmanship at night.
    i think tint is one of the reasons why some drivers upgrade their headlights.

when i bought my new used car,
    i had the front windshield tint removed, leaving only the uppermost strip for visoring against the sun.
    now i think i should have some of my front windows' tints removed, at least the anterior 25%.
    para kasing naka tapa ojos ako when driving. horse blinders. the side window's tint and the fat A pillar, leave me with a large physiologic semi-blind spot at the left antero-lateral view.
    also, the tints inhibit better viewing of the side mirrors.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 7th, 2024 at 06:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    there is no such thing as a tint that does not diminish driver's viewmanship at night.
    agree, usually yung mga nakadark tint naka-high beam na kapag nag-aagaw ang liwanag at dilim sa hapon[emoji28]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

when i bought my new used car,
    i had the front windshield tint removed, leaving only the uppermost strip for visoring against the sun.
    now i think i should have some of my front windows' tints removed, at least the anterior 25%.
    para kasing naka tapa ojos ako when driving. horse blinders. the side window's tint and the fat A pillar, leave me with a large physiologic semi-blind spot at the left antero-lateral view.
    also, the tints inhibit better viewing of the side mirrors.
    My unit is installed with 3M tint freebie from CASA.
    Good thing is that they are OK for different shades for each window compare to other CASAs which only require one shade of tint as freebie.
    Suggestion from CASA is medium shade daw para OK heat rejection niya during daytime but walang nasabi ang agent performance nya during night drive.

Since my previous unit has light shade installed and the performance is good at night, I opted instead of installing different shade for my current unit:
    Tint Freebie from CASA: 3M
    Front and Rear Windshield: Light shade
    Side Windows: Medium shade.

And I didn't regret on my choice for the light shade sa front and rear, same performance sa tint ng previous car ko. OK pa rin performance niya sa gabi.
    OK din naman side windows since the heat rejection is good. But during sa gabi, di mo talaga makita ang labas unless if may light yung sumunod sayo.
    So everytime mag backing ako, naka open always side windows, hindi talaga makita during night time ang 3M Medium shade tint compare sa previous unit ko na naka light shade tint na OK lang na hindi naka open windows during night.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I'm thinking of having this installed on my WRX. After 17 years of the no-tint life I'm using it a bit more during the day and it's HOT outside.

How clear is their 65VLT? The 70VLT seems nice but the IR rejection is a tad lower, and the warranty is shorter.
    I suggest to get the same equivalent shade ng light shade from 3M if meron sa X-Films, sorry has no experience with X-Films yet.
    Or much better if i try mo yung sample shade nila sa gabi if makita mo pa rin yung labas if walang light.
    Mga 5:30pm - 6pm sa atin, parang 7pm night time na yung labas on 3M medium tint.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    someone advised me,
    if you have to tint your entire car, including the front windshield, get only same-shade tint for all of your car's glasses.
    if your front windshield has lighter tint, and your sides have darker tint, your eyes will adjust to the lighter tint of the front. when your gaze shifts to the sides, you will in all likelihood, have difficulty seeing the sides of your car.

may kilala ako,
    used dark tint on his sides and rear.
    he can't back out of the driveway, at night.
    heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I learned that lesson the hard (expensive) way.

First car back in college, I had a brilliant idea to get the clearest shade for windshield and super dark for the rest of the windows. Thought to myself, this combination will give me clear vision through the front, while hiding the inside of my car from prying eyes.

It ended up being like horse blinders. As you mentioned the eyes adjust to the clear front, and thus even the side mirrors are useless, let alone the rear view. I had to roll my windows down in order to drive at night.

In the end I had the super-black ripped out and re-tinted with a very light tint after only a week of having it on. At this point I was afraid of re-doing the horse blinder effect if I put in even a medium dark shade on the sides. ����

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I learned that lesson the hard (expensive) way.

First car back in college, I had a brilliant idea to get the clearest shade for windshield and super dark for the rest of the windows. Thought to myself, this combination will give me clear vision through the front, while hiding the inside of my car from prying eyes.

It ended up being like horse blinders. As you mentioned the eyes adjust to the clear front, and thus even the side mirrors are useless, let alone the rear view. I had to roll my windows down in order to drive at night.

In the end I had the super-black ripped out and re-tinted with a very light tint after only a week of having it on. At this point I was afraid of re-doing the horse blinder effect if I put in even a medium dark shade on the sides. ����
    well,
    some people drive like they had horse blinders on, even if their cars are completely tint-less.
    heh heh heh.
    "tunnel vision."
    OT.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast