New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Ask ko lang sana yung mga naka-double tint..medyo light kasi yung tint na makukuha kong Starex sa gray market..hindi ba parang may grado o blurred ang effect ng double tint?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    imho waste of money ang double tint. patanggal mo na lang old tint mo then apply a darker tint.

di ganon kaganda and kapit ng tint on tint. also mas lalabo.

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I used to do this so many years ago. I first put the silver tint, tapos pinatong ko ang medium gray. Kahit na sa anong angle and lapitan mo ang window ng car at silipin kung may tao sa loob, wala ka may makita. But again, depende talaga para sa anong purpose mo gagawin, it is good para maging super manyak tint talaga, hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did this before also on some of out cars. We did this to the front driver and passenger windows as we wanted dark tint but needed the side mirrors to be seen properly. The purpose of the double tint was that we cut the second tint layer (top) at the part where the eyesight of the driver is to the sidemirrors. The result was you can see the mirrors well at night and yet from the outside, the tint still looks "buo" as you don't see the tint cut inside.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have been using double tint on my rides. Privacy and heat rejection are priorities for me, and super dark isn't what it used to be as in the early 90s ;)

Also, taller vehicles allow more external visibility. Because the windows are at eye level, chances are, you can see through the tint and to the other window somewhat. For shorter vehicles, since their windows are below eye level, there's not much external light because it's the color of the upholstery that you're seeing and that's usually not bright enough to make you see what's inside the car.

To the TS, if you're vision is good, you can add another wraparound layer. If not, then you can add another layer to the rear windows.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for the tips guys! I just picked up my Starex today and I'm actually enjoying the feeling of tints that are not as super dark as my FD. I'll probably keep it like this for now until I get tired of it.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    saken 3m superblack dalawang patong wrap around

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    same time nyo ba pinakabit yung 2 layer of tints, i.e. 2 new tints? or different years, i.e. old tint pinatungan ng new tint?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by DRAG_LORD View Post
    saken 3m superblack dalawang patong wrap around
    Hehehe! yun ang di ko na kaya. Hanggang super black (CS5) + dark smoke lang ako (CS20).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    same time nyo ba pinakabit yung 2 layer of tints, i.e. 2 new tints? or different years, i.e. old tint pinatungan ng new tint?
    Nope. At least a week's curing time in between layers. The longer the curing time, the better.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast