New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Tanong lang...

Ano ang opinion nyo sa mga volvos? Masarap ba idrive?

Compared sa BMW and Audi, mas mura or same lang ang service fee ng volvo?
    (Pa pm nalng po, kung mag kano maintenance charge ng volvo, casa and independent shop)

Meron bang nagsservice ng volvo cars other than casa na nasa QC or mas malapit?

Salamat.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    opinion ko sa volvo ka level nya BMW pero napaka baba ng resale value..at mahal ang PMS nito

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mahal ang PMS.
    Mababa ang resale value...

I really don't consider them as one of the world's safest cars since most of the other car manufacturers have applied their safety innovations already. But yes they pioneer in safety.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    We have a 7 year old Volvo V40 2liter wagon which we bought used last year and can tell you firsthand that it a joy to drive it around. It's my wife's car and she is very happy with it. I cannot compare it to BMW or Mercedes cuz I have not owned any of those. It's very stable and quiet especially on the expressways and I think has a better ride than my old 97 Prado V6. Does 7.3 kms per liter pure city and 11.5 kms per liter pure expressway. In the past year, we have only changed the brake pads, shock mounting and tires. Mechanic said shock absorbers are still okay (after 7 years!) so I told him to reinstall it. Considering getting an S40 T4 soon. Cheap 2nd hand cars but better than the Japanese counterparts.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Our S60 Volvo has a cushier more comfortable ride than our BMW. BMW'S are tuned by the factory for a sportier suspension, kaya medyo matigas.

I added thick foam carpet mats and now the passengers can't feel the road vibrations at all. As quiet as a limousine is how I describe it. Plus the sound system is great for that elegant ambience.

My female friends who know S#*$%T about cars never fail to ask what car they are riding on when I pick them up at night. I say its a Bentley. Then they will say, kaya pala ang 'Comfy'. HAHAHA

Question about Volvo Cars