New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I want the Golf and the Lupo diesels, pero asa sila sa 10,000 units in a year...

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    No, looks like that won't be a VW showroom.

"PGA Cars couldn't commit to the sales volume being demanded by the Wolfsburg-based German carmaker."

- http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/so-wh...-in-volkswagen
    good news indeed

btw, how much ba yung discontinued mexican reissued old beetle?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I kind of heard that the Ayala group will be bringing in VW here. Not sure how soon though.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foifoi05 View Post
    good news indeed

btw, how much ba yung discontinued mexican reissued old beetle?
    Do you mean the classic air-cooled Beetle?

That wasn't a reissue, in Mexico it stayed in production until 2003.
    During that time, it was sold here (gray market) for something like P700K.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Sana matuloy na. Apart from the new Polo hatch, the VW Amarok TDI will make me a very happy man!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I know this old news but just wanted to quote straight from the horse's mouth. https://www.volkswagen-media-service...tlichkeit.html

It's part of their worldwide "Strategy 2018" which aims to surpass Toyota as the #1 car maker worldwide. I think its good for VW AG to acknowledge the ASEAN region's emerging importance in the world market. In fact, accdg to reports from justauto.com; (http://www.just-auto.com/news/asean-sales-up-36-in-january-september_id106655.aspx) the region's combined car sales rose to 36% in Jan-Sept 2010. Thailand topped the list, while the Philippines ranked #4. Even though MAS and THA will be center of activity initially, an established presence in both countries allows them to take advantage of the zero &/ lower tariffs when importing to ASEAN countries which means expect more competitive prices vs Japanese, American and other European mainstream brands.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009

Malaysian-made Passat by November 2011...and then export to Pinas after?

The Volkswagen and DRB-Hicom joint venture, estimated to be worth RM 1 billion, will begin the local assembly of the Passat sedan 1.8-litre variant at DRB-Hicom’s Pekan plant in November 2011, according to Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed, the International Trade and Industry Minister, who spoke to the press at the DRB-Hicom Automotive Complex in Pekan, Pahang, on wednesday.
    “This is the result of a collaboration between DRB-Hicom and Volkswagen sealed in December last year”, Mustapa said. “There are now 20 personnel from Volkswagen’s headquarters here to discuss and finalise the production operations expected to take place this November”.
    The confirmation of the date and sedan variant follows the collaboration and license agreement signed by the two parties in December 2010 and the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) in August before that. The engine in question should be the 160-hp 1.8-litre TSI engine, one of ten engines that the all-new Passat will be using worldwide.

http://news.motorstop.asia/malaysia/...november-2011/

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    the passat, in pictures, may look to be on the dull side. but in person, it has this appeal na mapapasecond look ka. quite stately and elegant.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    quite stately and elegant.
    X2

In the US it starts at $20,000.oo ...not bad a pricing, it being in the Camry category. I noticed the plate says Blue Motion, clean diesel yan na TDI, that one will sell dito I guess.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From what i heard, one thing keeping it from our shores is VW wants volume-based sales while the prospective distributors want to market it as a premium line; meaning lower sales volumes and good margins.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
VW comeback in the Philippines - maybe?