New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I can already imagine one USP for Volkswagen: It should really get into the knack of selling and promoting its high-powered, boosted small engines.

170 HP from a stock, twin-charged 1.4L mill is no laughing matter. If it's good enough to go into a Mk6 Golf or Scirocco, imagine how much better it would be mated to the even smaller Polo.

It's one party trick Audi missed out on; instead the Ingolstadt marque decided to promote VAG diesels.
    I've seen a A3 1.4T locally. But I don't know if it's a customer car, an evaluation unit, or a personal import.

For the local market, the torquey TDi makes sense. People here are used to the whole "diesel is more economical" meme (which is true specifically because our diesel is subsidized), and diesel gives you a better "halo" effect over the rest of the line-up.

Besides, direct-injection gassers also need high quality gasoline, and I don't know if local gasoline passes muster.
    Last edited by niky; June 25th, 2010 at 05:16 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sana nga VW yung nasa Taguig!! at sana reasonable ang price ng scirocco at golf at TDI's nila.. kung ganon.., GG na ang Honda at Toyota.. hehe.. joke lang..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Sana gawing available itong VW Vento dito sa Pinas. Made for the India market, pangtapat sa Honda City dun.

http://www.volkswagen.co.in/in/en/products/Vento.html

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EUZbwE5b0s&feature=related"]YouTube - Volkswagen Vento 2010[/ame]

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    hello mga tsikoteers! new dito.
    Any update? Hope tuloy itong comeback. Polo hatch would be nice.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Polo, Golf, Jetta, Beetle, Passat, Tiguan, Touareg - ganda ng lineup!

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by zner2525 View Post
    sana nga VW yung nasa Taguig!! at sana reasonable ang price ng scirocco at golf at TDI's nila.. kung ganon.., GG na ang Honda at Toyota.. hehe.. joke lang..
    Ewan ko, ilang beses ako dumadaan dun pero walang VW

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    It was said that the new Volkwagen Plant in China will be operational by 2013... if ever maging available sya dito sa atin (hopefully), I believe there is a chance to have low price tags given that the units to be supplied here are made/assembled in China...

I really love my Fortuner, pero kung man ma-introduce ang VW Amarok locally at the same price range with Hilux/Navara/Strada, I will trade it with no hesitations.... I definitely want (or should i say need) the Amarok... hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Ewan ko, ilang beses ako dumadaan dun pero walang VW
    No, looks like that won't be a VW showroom.

"PGA Cars couldn't commit to the sales volume being demanded by the Wolfsburg-based German carmaker."

[SIZE="4"]So, who's bringing in Volkswagen?[/SIZE]
    By Vernon B. Sarne — 02 Dec 2010

You will recall that we reported here how PGA Cars might be the next local distributor to try its luck with the Volkswagen brand. PGA Cars, after all, appears to have the inside track when it comes to getting the exclusive distributorship rights to VW, thanks to its contract with Audi, which belongs to the Volkswagen Group.

But recently, the buzz is growing louder and louder that Volkswagen could return to the Philippine market via another distributor--in particular, the Ayala Group, which already has stakes in both Honda Cars Philippines and Isuzu Philippines Corporation. Apparently, PGA Cars couldn't commit to the sales volume being demanded by the Wolfsburg-based German carmaker. It is said that VW is insisting on sales numbers on a par with those of Japanese brands. To be specific, something like a minimum of 10,000 units a year.

Now, word has it that the Ayala Group is more than ready to accept the challenge. Part of the plan, according to the scuttlebutt, is a manufacturing facility to be put up within five years of Volkswagen's Philippine comeback.

Interesting times to be in the car business, if you ask us. And we, the car fans, can only benefit from this development. Stay glued to this site for more updates.
    - http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/so-wh...-in-volkswagen

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Volkswagen and DRB-Hicom today signed an agreement for local vehicle assembly in Malaysia, paving the way for VW to gradually expand its activities in Southeast Asia as part of its Strategy 2018 growth program.

http://paultan.org/2010/12/21/volksw...t-in-end-2011/

I still hope they bring in the Vento Diesel to compete in the B-segment

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
VW comeback in the Philippines - maybe?