New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Oo nga pala, 1yr or 15k kms ang PMS. Baka mali lang article from carguide
    VW Philippines will be shifting to a 6 mos./10k kms whichever comes first PMS schedule for all its new gasoline engine models.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    Been reading up on the new models and this is quite confusing.

It seems that the Lavida we're getting is the old (circa 2015?) model and not the new lavida launched this year (lavida plus)--this looks a hell of a lot nicer.

The tiguan we're getting is obviously not LWB, but the old one with a gas engine.

The others are just meh.

oh well.
    Saw the models at the mall over the weekend. The Tiguan they have now is LWB (accdg to SA) but is the older body (2010-2012?). The SA mentioned that they will continue to sell the new body (diesels) with this LWB until the new body versions will sell out. They also had the Golf GTS on display, they will continue to sell until their stocks run out. He said they have mostly the BE+ models left with a handful of the Highline models.

Really like the GTS but not yet ready to purchase it until next year. Hope the LWB Tig will have a newer body by next year otherwise I don't think I can justify purchasing a new car with an older body model.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mda_ View Post
    Just a frustrated would-be buyer sana ng Golf GTS. kaso hindi pasok sa timing eh, i doubt it will still be available late this year or early next.
    50% d/p? :D

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think VW has started releasing the new models to owners. I have seen a new Lavida and Santana roaming the streets of BGC yesterday. The Lavida looks like a Jetta, similar size and dimensions. I think the Santana is priced good for how it looks.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I think VW has started releasing the new models to owners. I have seen a new Lavida and Santana roaming the streets of BGC yesterday. The Lavida looks like a Jetta, similar size and dimensions. I think the Santana is priced good for how it looks.
    Santana is properly placed in terms of product. Lavida I have my doubts, as it replaces a much superior model, the Jetta. Sana ilabas nila yung new Lavida, which is based on the new MQB platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Santana is properly placed in terms of product. Lavida I have my doubts, as it replaces a much superior model, the Jetta. Sana ilabas nila yung new Lavida, which is based on the new MQB platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the thing I don't understand about VW's strategy for the PH market.

Just when the Golf and Jetta models are gaining traction (especially after getting a lot of favorable reviews from local car magazines and websites), they plan to pull it out and replace it with China-manufactured models? Is it a case of unsustainable pricing?

Also, the names of those car models introduced by VW are not that familiar as compared to the Golf and Jetta. No name recall so that instantly reduces your brand preference.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    they're probably bringing in the cheaper model, believing it will attract customers.
    favorable reviews are nice, but they prefer buyers.

"VW" is the name to recall.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    they're probably bringing in the cheaper model, believing it will attract customers.

They are in the business of selling cars so it makes sense to sell affordable vehicles in a third world country. I don't think VW-PH is not planning on taking on a niche market like Subaru, they wanted a bigger share of the pie.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

So I guess it is the case of the Jetta and Golf not bringing in enough sales (at those models' price points).

I just hope the Santana and Lavida are good enough to be real alternatives to the usual choices (Vios, City, Altis, Civic).

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    They are in the business of selling cars so it makes sense to sell affordable vehicles in a third world country. I don't think VW-PH is not planning on taking on a niche market like Subaru, they wanted a bigger share of the pie.
    personally, if i were in the market, and i have the money, and i am a gambling man, i'd probably give the santana a shot.
    we already all know how the vios feels.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models