New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    The pricing is very impressive. Hope to see reviews soon.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...gen-in-ph.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hmmmm LWB tiguan...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Ayala? making the invasion so smooth Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models

FOCUS

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Such a huge price difference for the Volkswagen Tiguan just because of the tax ... Audi prices will go down as well since they can also be sourced from China ... do BMW and Mercedes Benz have factories in China? ...

There's goes Lexus's price advantage ...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Such a huge price difference for the Volkswagen Tiguan just because of the tax ... Audi prices will go down as well since they can also be sourced from China ... do BMW and Mercedes Benz have factories in China? ...

There's goes Lexus's price advantage ...
    meron ba vw-mb-audi diesels from china?

FOCUS

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Lavida looks promising and it positioned its price right smack within the Altis 1.6V and Civic 1.8E. I bet the Jetta 2.0L TDI will have its price go up a bit. The 1.4T tune might be conservative at 128hp/225Nm but that peak torque (similar as the Civic RS) is more than good enough for a zippy ride on city streets.

The Lamando might position itself at a lower price than the usual Accord and Camry. With the same engine as the Lavida but the tune might be similar to the older Jetta/Golf 1.4T rated at 148hp/250Nm is good enough for what most folks need. Rarely do owners of midsize cars rev up their 2.4L or 2.5L NA engines for spirited rides of more than 4k rpm.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    The Santana is very tempting...

17 Images: A closer look at the Volkswagen Santana | TopGear PH

Sayang wala pang AT version.

I find it also strange na on paper, the Vios' 1.3 engine produces more HP than the Santana's 1.4L engine...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    The Santana is very tempting...

17 Images: A closer look at the Volkswagen Santana | TopGear PH

Sayang wala pang AT version.

I find it also strange na on paper, the Vios' 1.3 engine produces more HP than the Santana's 1.4L engine...
    The VW 1.4L NA produces more torque which is more important. Rarely can you max out the HP of such engines unless you rev it to 6k rpm most of the time. Most Pinoy pa na kinikilabotan na kapag lumalampas ng 3k rpm yung rev nila.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    The VW Santana looks like an interesting competitor to the Vios. Just wonder if it has at least the same German build quality as the more popular models like the Golf and Jetta (although I did read that the Jetta was made in Mexico).

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    The VW Santana looks like an interesting competitor to the Vios. Just wonder if it has at least the same German build quality as the more popular models like the Golf and Jetta (although I did read that the Jetta was made in Mexico).
    Manufacturers follow strict quality control even if its factories are placed on different parts of the world. Except for the Passat and Golf GTi which are built in Germany, the rest are made in Mexico (Jetta and Golf GTS), Poland (Golf Caddie), and some other countries (Polo).

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models