New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 157
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    247
    #121
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Pero mukhang a decade behind ang design ng VW dito.. parang pang 90's car design.. unlike the civic and altis..

    Not really. Same generation, but driving dynamics, fit and finish are way superior vs Altis and Civic. Pag naka drive ka ng Golf and Jetta di ka na babalik sa Jap sedans.

    Sayang lang na after 5 years, wala na akong pampalit sa Golf GTS ko. Balik Japanese. Or maybe MG would have had time to establish themselves.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,541
    #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    VW cars tend to be not too flashy in styling, much like Toyota models.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most European makes/design are understated. Not too much use of chrome, not too angular; soft & rounded corners. Asian cars tend to try to outdo each other. Some may find Euro designs boring.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,235
    #123
    From a source, later this year they shall release a SUV similar to explorer but from china

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,563
    #124
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    From a source, later this year they shall release a SUV similar to explorer but from china

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    China again?? Like they never learned on how their China models perform locally in terms of sales.

    They should bring the Atlas here. With the success of the Golf GTS, the Allroad would also sell well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,235
    #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    China again?? Like they never learned on how their China models perform locally in terms of sales.

    They should bring the Atlas here. With the success of the Golf GTS, the Allroad would also sell well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are still jettas and golfs left from Mexico according to this source.

    They were even asked if they prefer to sell those units left but top management decided not to bring it in, so they were quite disappointed.

    The jetta and golf were easy to sell but these China mades, hirap daw talaga.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,481
    #126
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Had dinner with a friend working in AC. The strategy to kill off the Golfs and Jettas in favor of the Chinese models hasn't paid off. They still have inventory from their first batch of chinese imports - also evidenced by the rarity of Santanas, Lavidas, Lamandos, etc on the street.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Gold , jetta, chinese models. Until now pa din household name brands, such a waste ilan taon na dito

    Buti pa Foton Transvan nagiging kilala na

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    143
    #127
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Had dinner with a friend working in AC. The strategy to kill off the Golfs and Jettas in favor of the Chinese models hasn't paid off. They still have inventory from their first batch of chinese imports - also evidenced by the rarity of Santanas, Lavidas, Lamandos, etc on the street.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    They should stop selling the antiquated and under-spec’d last gen Tiguan and bring in the Tiguan L. It is made in China and sports a current mainstream VW nameplate. Price it right and it can become their anchor model in the PHL. Their line-up is too sedan heavy in a market moving away from sedans (other than Vios class compacts).

  8. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,481
    #128
    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    They should stop selling the antiquated and under-spec’d last gen Tiguan and bring in the Tiguan L. It is made in China and sports a current mainstream VW nameplate. Price it right and it can become their anchor model in the PHL. Their line-up is too sedan heavy in a market moving away from sedans (other than Vios class compacts).
    There are only three thriving markets now:

    PPV
    Pickup
    Vans

    Sa van dept there are 2 subclasses: the commuter / large families carrier

    And eto bago market na modified luxury vans, yun nasa IGTV na guy that modifies vans, sigurado yayaman yun sa future, ang galing modified nya lahat ng klase ng van, pati big vans ng ford and hyundai


    You only have to observe Toyota and makikita mo na ang mga car config na hinde na bebenta

    Corolla and all sedans
    rav4 and all crossovers

    Pero sympre exception to the rule ang vios/avanza/innova,

    But we are the volkwagen thread

    So VW

    Should only concerrate on two

    Their Amarok line and probably release a PPV versuon of that
    And their Euro Vans as big as the starex or hiace

    To become relevant

  9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    247
    #129
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    There are only three thriving markets now:

    PPV
    Pickup
    Vans

    Sa van dept there are 2 subclasses: the commuter / large families carrier

    And eto bago market na modified luxury vans, yun nasa IGTV na guy that modifies vans, sigurado yayaman yun sa future, ang galing modified nya lahat ng klase ng van, pati big vans ng ford and hyundai


    You only have to observe Toyota and makikita mo na ang mga car config na hinde na bebenta

    Corolla and all sedans
    rav4 and all crossovers

    Pero sympre exception to the rule ang vios/avanza/innova,

    But we are the volkwagen thread

    So VW

    Should only concerrate on two

    Their Amarok line and probably release a PPV versuon of that
    And their Euro Vans as big as the starex or hiace

    To become relevant
    They can bring in again thr Caddy, which is far superior to the Innova in terms of space and driving dynamics. Kahit 1.4m, Innova is already doing 1m average. I'd pay more for the additional space (Caddy is a true 7 seater na may cargo space). In fact I did, I have a Caddy and utility is quite good. Not as big as a Hi Ace, but as handy as the Innova.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    44
    #130
    It seems to me that the Philippine VW importer cannot win! If they bring in vehicles manufactured in Europe, the USA or Mexico, they are seen to be too expensive, if they bring vehicles manufactured in China then people complain that they the quality is not up to spec and the designs outdated or not "proper" VW!

Volkswagen Philippines launches 5 new competitive models