New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Because pollution control have changed. Those added instruments takes a toll on instrumentation cost,longevity ,vehicle maintenance.

I hate the sound of those old beetle and sakbayans, its not even equipped with ac and the wheel geometry isnt safe.
    As I child, I hated it too. It didn't sounded macho enough. But as you get old, I can't help but feel nostalgic whenever I hear one.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Because pollution control have changed. Those added instruments takes a toll on instrumentation cost,longevity ,vehicle maintenance.

I hate the sound of those old beetle and sakbayans, its not even equipped with ac and the wheel geometry isnt safe.
    If you hated how it sounded, you'd probably hate how it drove. Growing up driving Japanese, I had a hard time with the pedal set-up & operating the gears takes a little getting used to. The car I drove had no insulation & aircon. But inspire of these, I still take second looks at old German Beetles. The Brazil version were more refined.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    My father'a first car was a 1200 VW beetle but he disposed it after a while because of too many horror stories about catching fire as the battery is under the back seat and in danger of getting grounded with the seat springs.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    If i remember correctly, the bat is up front nga ba or is it the sakbayan. Pedal cables run from the front to the rear, engine is hot smells like burning insulation sometimes fire could be seen from the tailpipe bec of short manifold.. Malayo pa lang alamkona parating dad ko tsug..tsug.tsug... Ingay makina prang farm macinery[emoji16]

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If i remember correctly, the bat is up front nga ba or is it the sakbayan. Pedal cables run from the front to the rear, engine is hot smells like burning insulation sometimes fire could be seen from the tailpipe bec of short manifold.. Malayo pa lang alamkona parating dad ko tsug..tsug.tsug... Ingay makina prang farm macinery[emoji16]
    It is at the back bro as I saw it myself. My dad placed a rubber insulator to avoid accidental contact with the seat coil spring.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Now Audi admits to having then same software in their diesel cars.
    https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/2-...093753042.html

The heads of R & D of VW, AUDI & PORCHE were made to resign. The maker of the software, BOSCH intended the software for research only & warned them about it's use years ago. Mukhang makakabili na ako ng tig isang VW, Audi at Porche

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    but i have to hand it to the designers.. it's something i would have imagined only in the movies...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    It is at the back bro as I saw it myself. My dad placed a rubber insulator to avoid accidental contact with the seat coil spring.
    ours burned because of it.. i could not imagine a car catching fire and burning away so fast...!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    ours burned because of it.. i could not imagine a car catching fire and burning away so fast...!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    If you hated how it sounded, you'd probably hate how it drove.
    when i was in college, i used to date a girl driving a beetle. once she wanted me to drive it - potek surrender ako

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    If you hated how it sounded, you'd probably hate how it drove.
    when i was in college, i used to date a girl driving a beetle. once she wanted me to drive it - potek surrender ako

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Volkswagen caught with a cheating software