New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    May stigma pa rin kasi sakin that the Territory is just a rebadge. The Geely is is their own and the VW is a global model.

CX-30 turbo
    Drove the Coolray early last year and it is fun. Much better in terms of engine performance compared to our ASX with a 2.0L NA engine.

Wala ata CX30 turbo sa Pinas. For the price of the CX30 AWD, I’d rather get the CX5 AWD or the Mazda6 Wagon - at least you get a bigger space plus a better engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    The old person in me keeps on whispering na mas maganda NA engine for long-term use as it has 1 less part na pwede masira... walang turbo

My wife: gaano ko daw katagal plan gamitin yung car

I actually haven't heard of any failures with turbos itself in recent times. What's actually the more common issues with Turbo GDI is oil dilution, some burn oil, dirty intake valves and pre-ignition.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I actually haven't heard of any failures with turbos itself in recent times. What's actually the more common issues with Turbo GDI is oil dilution, some burn oil, dirty intake valves and pre-ignition.
    I agree... But as I said, its "the old person in me"

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Di ka naman ganun katanda. I guess matanda pa ako sa iyo.

Medyo bitin sa hatak yung small displacement gas engines. Something 2.0L or better will be better.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    The "old person" in you is correct though. A NA engine will definitely outlast an engine with turbo, but that will only be relevant depending on how long one plans to keep his car... Get a turbo and enjoy better performance, YOLO as the kids would say

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If a turbocharger is such a concern, why are there so many buyers of turbocharged diesel vehicles? Almost every diesel-fed vehicle is turbocharged except for the old tech Adventure and L300.

I guess a turbocharged petrol vehicle would not be too much of a concern, like how most people embraced turbo diesel vehicles.

Last edited by Egan101; June 8th, 2021 at 02:52 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If a turbocharger is such a concern, why are there so many buyers of turbocharged diesel vehicles? Almost every diesel-fed vehicle is turbocharged except for the old tech Adventure.

I guess a turbocharged petrol vehicle would be less of a concern compared to a turbocharged diesel vehicle.
    I heard this arguments before... so will just give the same answer...

Are there still Naturally Aspirated diesel engines available in the market?

Even if you wanted to buy one, no one's selling.

The "old person in me" is asking me to stay away from Turbo engines, but in reality, I will probably purchase either an Innova or a Territory by end of this year, or early next year

Just like the "old person in me" saying the Manual Tranny is better... I will still buy an A/T

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If a turbocharger is such a concern, why are there so many buyers of turbocharged diesel vehicles? Almost every diesel-fed vehicle is turbocharged except for the old tech Adventure and L300.

I guess a turbocharged petrol vehicle would not be too much of a concern like a turbocharged diesel vehicle.

Turbocharger itself is not the concern. Its more of the extra wear it produces to the engine...

I don't know if anyone here can verify this but I've been told that diesel engine blocks are inherently more durable than common gasoline engines, mas makapal daw ang materials na ginagamit sa diesel engines, hence why turbo diesels last longer than turbo gas.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I don't know if anyone here can verify this but I've been told that diesel engine blocks are inherently more durable than common gasoline engines, mas makapal daw ang materials na ginagamit sa diesel engines, hence why turbo diesels last longer than turbo gas.
    That's because diesel fuel requires higher combustion pressures.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
2021 Volkswagen T-Cross