New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i installed google toolbar na, pero pati yung private message window ng tsikot na block?
    Signature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess you cant have everything.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ala pang official statements from the owners.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    anu ba nangyari bat puro pop ups na?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe they need more cash flow?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    I think that the popup is part of the hosting for tsikot.com

'Coz when I go to other sites, ala naman siya... and its not that irritating as copared to the other popus... medyo hassle lang ng konti but that's the price to pay for using forums like this without us having to pay.
    tsikot peeps:

Tsikot.com is a free site.

Everyone can register, post messages, discuss anything under the sun and enjoy the community without paying a single centavo.

Tsikot.com is growing by leaps and bounds. in a few days we will be hitting 2,000 members.

Each day, bandwidth consumption is increasing beyond our expectations. Each day, netph.com is shouldering the space and banwidth expenses at a loss.

You know very well that webspace and bandwidth is not cheap. There is no such thing as a free lunch anymore.

We have some options here.

1. Members can help tsikot.com management solicit sponsors and advertisers to help defray the cost of maintaining tsikot.com.

2. We can open up a premium type of membership where there will be no popups, no banners, no polite ads, whatever. But of course, this will come with a minimal fee. This is implementable right now. A usergroup can be created which will be totally spared from all banners, popups, popunders, web toolbars, etc.

Without advertisers, and without a premium type of membership, there is no way for tsikot to continue...

we might as well close down the site and shut down our community.

for the meantime, i think it is a small price to pay to just bear the popups. i am looking for a right mix that is the least obstrusive for members.

the traffic multiplier polite ad suppose to just pop under once only in 24 hours. Anyway, i have already removed this from the site.

the tsikot toolbar will replace the traffic multiplier and is supposed to be a less annoying alternative. it is just lodged there in the status bar. if you don't close it, it will not pop up. it will just stay there as unobstrusive as possible.

believe it or not, these popups/popunders are helping netph.com sustain tsikot.com.

so for as long as we don't have the advertisers or the premium membership or both yet, i suggest that we just have to do our part and bear with these annoyances...

or you can use your Pop-Up killers... but that will help kill tsikot.com...

thank you for understanding...

:car:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    another option is to disable all image tags for the meantime and have a lean and mean tsikot.com, devoid of all images and graphics.

so there will be no images as attachments, in the signatures, as avatars, etc...

this can help us save on bandwidth...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually, the traffic multipler pop-up is controllable, especially with the release of google.com pop-up-killer toolbar. And installing the toolbar is simple, as long as you have IE5.5 or newer.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but.... 160 pop-ups in 1.5 hrs is simply too much!
    (given that it should only be once every 24 hours)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if that's what you feel is necessary, then so be it. it's annoying, but it beats the alternative...it would be very hard to stomach paying a monthly fee. i do have to say, however, that even on DSL the page loads are much slower....can that be fine-tuned?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
tsikot popup toolbar