New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Guys fix this problem tsikot is reported as attack site.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i got hit myself too yesterday. using mozilla.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got the "attack site warning" today on my freshly installed Firefox 3.0.1 ...

I disabled the warning option (Tools-Options-Security) for the meantime.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Ive been infected too.

JS/downloader.agent

files were:
    showthread[1].htm
    forums[1].htm
    forumdisplay[1].htm

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I am using IE (ver 6) exclusively. No problems so far, except for the slow load of the site.

BTW, Anti virus is from Symantec.

I launch tsikot from a bookmark.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Paps kaya mabagal dahil compromised na ang site, IE pa.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yup Hanren that is the malware that the downloader installs to your system. Better get somebody to fix your system already. As for me naencounter ko na yan instances na yan before but having a background on viruses and malwares I was able to remove it myself. Later on you will see some insect screensaver roaming around your screen when you left it idle for a while.

Guys installing an antivirus will help but it will not 100% capture or filter all the malicious files that is downloaded and installed by the downloader program. Due to the compilation or compression of the downloaded program. A malware can be updated as well. Just like an antivirus. So an updated malware can not be detected by an antivirus unless they have a heuristic detection and or they have a sample of the updated malware and has a patch to prevent it already. I suggest all of you guys to check your system for infection especially hanren. There is no doubt about it that your system has already been infested by lots of malicious program.

Guys for the Nth time do not attempt to login to the tsikot website through the main page. Try logging in through forums that you already know that way you could login to tsikot at the same time bypassing the page that contains the downloader scripts. happy browsing.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    How did this happen? I thought virus, trojans, etc... only come from browsing through **** sites and etc....?

In the past two weeks, I was really surprised my PC's been acting strangely. It would hang and suddenly I lost complete acces to my desktop background and screensaver options. Firefox 2.xx would start hanging up or closing itself up everytime I click to open it. Suddenly programs of dubious origin and nature started popping up. I have never downloaded them let alone installed (ie. Malware 2008, Windows Virus 2008), yet here they are on my start menu, complete with desktop shortcuts. Something is really amiss.

So today, I decided to reformat everything. With everything installed, I fired up the new Firefox 3.0 and I am really surprised and alarmed that it declared tsikot as an "attack site".

I don't know what's happening? Before this incident, there was that p0rn hijacking/redirecting website and now a more deadlier threat of trojans and etc....

Btw, I use an updated Norton 360 (useless P.O.S) and it failed to detect anything. Did a complete scan every three days and still nothing.

Ps: I will probably wait it out for a few days or a week before coming back here. Hope it can be fixed permanently.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I think wala nang virus/trojan sa tsikot... my virus scanners can't detect them anymore. 3 days ko din hindi nabrowse ang tsikot kasi blocked ng antivirus ko ang tsikot. Hehehe! Buti nalang nablock agad yung virus and hindi nahawa pc ko.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tsikot E-Media Statement on Recent Hacking of Tsikot Forums

On the night of July 22, 2008, Tsikot Forums (http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums) was hacked. Through a security hole in the forums bulletin board script, a third party with malevolent intent inserted a malicious script within the site’s code. Several hours later, as if on cue, the site was reported to Google and immediately flagged as a “Reported Attack Site” with the following description:

“This web site at tsikot.yehey.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.
    Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.
    Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.”
    The site’s pages were placed on Google’s Blacklist and search results pointing to http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums were appended with warnings that ‘This site might harm your computer’.

Tsikot.com Administrators addressed this issue by upgrading the bulletin board with the latest version and implementing several security measures. We have already requested a review with Google and the status of the latest badware review for this site:

A review for this site has finished. The site was found clean. The badware warnings from web search are being removed. Please note that it can take some time for this change to propagate.
    In a few hours, our community will be taken off Google’s Blacklist as the update propagates throughout the web. We apologize for the inconvenience that this incident has caused our members, friends and guests. We assure you that the site is now totally clean and safe and that we will implement all measures necessary to prevent a repeat in the future.

We would like also to take this opportunity to announce that the new servers ordered to accommodate our community’s growing membership and activity have arrived and will soon augment Yehey’s present servers allocated for Tsikot. We will soon make an announcement for the next scheduled downtime as we configure and transfer Tsikot’s database and files to the new servers.

Expect a much improved Tsikot Experience soon!

Thank you very much!

Tsikot.com Administrators

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Script Trojan * Tsikot Site