New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede ba "maximum tolerance" parang police :police: sa pag locked/closed ng new topic? kung pwede i-merged na lang muna kung meron ng existing thread....tanong lang? sayang Tcash eh...hehehehe

pag mga meron ng X numbers na lagi nag open ng new thread kahit meron ng existing saka na lang mag closed... let say 3X ako gumawa ng new thread pero lagi meron ng existing, then doon na lang i locked..... :please:

kung pwede lang naman... kung hinde ok lang....hehehehe

Tcash....:drool:
    Last edited by shadow; September 7th, 2007 at 12:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    :police: to shadow :thud:

:evillaugh

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    pwede ba "maximum tolerance" parang police :police: sa pag locked/closed ng new topic? kung pwede i-merged na lang muna kung meron ng existing thread....tanong lang? sayang Tcash eh...hehehehe

pag mga meron ng X numbers na lagi nag open ng new thread kahit meron ng existing saka na lang mag closed... let say 3X ako gumawa ng new thread pero lagi meron ng existing, then doon na lang i locked..... :please:

kung pwede lang naman... kung hinde ok lang....hehehehe

Tcash....:drool:
    Madali lang solution dyan. Search before creating a new topic.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    If I'm not mistaken, Tsikot rules say that, before creating a new thread, it is advised that members search for the existence of the thread. It is not the moderators task to look for an existing thread for members so that threads can be merged: members should have it in themselves to search for possible existing threads Then, this would be the time mods may merge threads provided that the threads warrant merging.

While we do appreciate members creating new threads and increasing traffic in the community, multiple/redundant threads do place a strain in system resources, thereby exponentially expanding the databases unnecessarily. It is within the duties and responsibilities of mods to whether close a thread or not. While we do admit that closing threads is based on judgment calls (supported by the admins and owners), we do discuss if a thread needs to be closed or not. However, if a thread warrants re-opening, we can re-open them. As for maximum tolerance, we are exercising it because if we are not, then a lot of us would regularly have infractions, get warnings and get banned more often than Mike Tyson being banned from boxing.

I'm not a person who speaks bluntly but in this instance, I would make an exception.

A lot of Tsikoteers have been creating non-sense thread, double/multiple threads and posting replies to posts/threads (even if the reply makes no sense) all for the sake of accumulating TCash. Some of us are blatantly shouting that TCash is more important that quality threads and/or replies. Some of us are disregarding rules to get TCash. Some of us maybe intentionally flame-baiting because of TCash. Some of us maybe knowingly reviving and/or continuing threads that are either long dead or should have been dead because of TCash. If we continue to behave this way, then what would make us different from a spammer or a flamer whos main goal is to make people angry and create havoc in the forums?

While I do agree that TCash is a great tool/incentive being provided to us by the owners of this forum as a privilege (reward loyal Tsikoteers), to attract new members and to increase traffic, IMO this privilege is now being abused. We should all remember that the TCash feature is a privilege and as with all privileges, the owners can take this away from us if we continue to abuse it, which a lot of members are doing.

In closing, I would like to post this question (bato-bato sa langit, tamaan huwag sanang magalit): kung wala bang TCash, same pa rin ba ang level ng activity nyo? Palagay ko eh hinde kase I've observed na yung ilang matagal ng hinde active eh biglang nabuhay. Sana naman, when we create a thread or make a reply/post it is because we want to provide our inputs, give our opinions, truly ask for assitance or help others. Hinde lang yung dahil sa TCash tayo nagiging active at nagre-reply.
    Last edited by nicolodeon; September 7th, 2007 at 01:04 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok, just asking hehehehe......
    :surrender::out:

:heartache::outcold::pcwhack:

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ok, just asking hehehehe......
    :surrender::out:

:heartache::outcold::pcwhack:
    okay lang. no offense taken naman.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aba, new thread 'to shadow ah.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by baiskee View Post
    aba, new thread 'to shadow ah.

abay oo nga ano.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    In closing, I would like to post this question (bato-bato sa langit, tamaan huwag sanang magalit): kung wala bang TCash, same pa rin ba ang level ng activity nyo? Palagay ko eh hinde kase I've observed na yung ilang matagal ng hinde active eh biglang nabuhay. Sana naman, when we create a thread or make a reply/post it is because we want to provide our inputs, give our opinions, truly ask for assitance or help others. Hinde lang yung dahil sa TCash tayo nagiging active at nagre-reply.
    To nico...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Madali lang solution dyan. Search before creating a new topic.
    Searching is a very easy process but when you enter a certain generic keyword that would result to a hundred of answers and checking each one if they have the topic that you are looking for may waste a lot of time.

Creating a new thread will definitely take some attention but if it is a nonsense topic then I agree of closing.

BTW, if I do a search and resulted to a number of results, I believe they may have similarities but they are not identical.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
to moderators....