New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    sorry na lang miss ricasantos18 kasi kung ako nga lang din parang kakaduda agad ang handle mo rizza santos ang most likely na ma imagine ng tao. parang may bahid-ob nga ang style. kaya pasensya na kung nagkaganun. fair lang naman ang mga mods dito.

the best ay just go on and time will tell na hindi nga ikaw si ob. iyan lang naman talaga ang buong dahilan kaya medyo magaspang ang iba sayo dito eh.

Just go on posting sis and you will find out na ok kami dito lalong lalo na ang mga mods.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post

It would really be a pity and a waste to see Tsikot’s reputation as an on-line community disintegrate simply because of some ill-thought snide remarks/comments posted by a few tsikoteers based on mere assumptions.

Eto ang mabigat dyan eh.......cause whatever reputation Tsikot holds, it reflects who we are as members
    Last edited by OiC65; January 23rd, 2008 at 07:53 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Got me curious, ano ba talaga nagawa na masama si Oldblue? Some of the threads and posts were deleted before I could read them.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    mahirap nga ban ng ban ng IP. paano kung sa cafe or shop nag-access ng site? yari na yun whole establishment (cafe, shop, school, office, etc) pag isa lang external IP na gamit nila. lalong yari pag dynamic yun IP address assignment ng ISP. mahirap mag-regulate ng online registration. the only sure way to verify the identity of the registrant is to meet him/her personally. for all you guys know ako pala alter ego ni OB. heh. highly likely, but, what if di ba?
    +1

Maybe that's part of the risks and challenges of running a forum (regulating online reg, etc). Paano kung naka proxy nga (at iisa lang ang external IP) ang isang institution/network at na ban yung IP? eh di damay din lahat..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    imo as long as walang foul na pinag-gagagawa hayaan na lang natin kaya nga forum eh... now kung di natin kursunada ang thread or sagot nya eh di wag tayo mag post...wala namang kaso dun, bahala na mga admin magbigay ng warning, pwede naman tayong mag report. lalo't wala ring tcash na involve na ikinagagalit ng marami

lumalabas tuloy eh para tayong mga baklang reporter sa pagka kritiko eh ... considering this is a male dominated forum - wag sana

peace

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ip addresses can be static or dynamic pero ip addresses can be changed without prior notice so kung nag-ban ka ng ip address then pinaputol ng may-ari yun line tapos may nag-apply na bago then sa kanya napunta yun ip address na yun, ban na kagad sya... so mods please reconsider banning ip addresses. di ba pwede yun nick ang i-ban instead of the ip? kung gumawa ng alternick then ban ulit yun nick but not the ip. kaya nga po tayo may moderators di ba?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Here's a wild idea guys.

Kasali siya sa isang promo diba?

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46462

Am sure then she monitors that site. Why not show our support for her entry so she sees that there are members here who sincerely want to fix things.

I-boto natin ang entry niya. That should be easy yet go a long way.

For those who just started reading this it is www.givemeaname.ph

I think her entry is Scrumble Fruit Ice Cream. Should be in the Help-me-choose-a-name section.

Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    Guys,

I am just wondering if there is concrete proof ricasantos18 is actually OB. Personally I am quite intrigued by the reception she received from some of the tsikoteers.

I will admit I, too, entertained thoughts that she could be OB, especially when she posted conflicting statements.

But in reading her posts and comparing them with known posts of OB’s, I noticed that sentence composition and vocabulary are quite distinct and dissimilar. More importantly, ricasantos18, as a handle is very descriptive in terms of establishing an identity, as in Rica Santos, 18 years old. None of the handles OB has been known to use, as far as I know, falls into this category. Hence, I began to have doubts that she could, indeed be OB . Of course I could be wrong.

So I googled the handle ricasantos18 since it is a rather simple and prudent thing to do before passing judgment. Guess what I found out? She has also recently signed up with Philmug and Female Network. In all the time that OB was trolling around Tsikot, did he ever sign up in another forum, and a female-oriented forum at that? (I am not sure about the answer but I haven’t come across a post indicating so.)

Moreover, for all the insults and personal attacks thrown at him, did he ever complain about Tsikot in another forum?

In the female network forum, ricasantos18, under the handle ricaliscious posted a complaint against tsikot with the title Is tsikot a ***ist site?

Seriously, does this sound like OB?

Furthermore, ricasantos18 also signed up in the Nestle promo http://www.givemeaname.ph/. The identity of the winner will likely be disclosed. Do you honestly think OB will submit himself to the possibility of disclosing his true identity?

In one of her posts, ricasantos18 also indicated her willingness to attend an EB.

Of course, all the above does not prove that ricasantos18 is not OB. But at the very least, as a whole, they are more than sufficient to cast doubts that ricasantos18 is OB.

Also, did anyone bother to check the IP address? From what I know, even when using different handles, OB still uses the same IP addresses.

Of course, if ricasantos18 is OB then by all means, all the ridicule is very much deserved. But what if she is not?

Not only have we driven away a new and, from her posts, very friendly female tsikoteer but we now have one very disillusioned ex?-tsikoteer posting negative things about Tsikot. I am sure we all know how one negative incident can easily snowball into a vicious reputation-destroying scandal in this time and age.

It would really be a pity and a waste to see Tsikot’s reputation as an on-line community disintegrate simply because of some ill-thought snide remarks/comments posted by a few tsikoteers based on mere assumptions.

Hopefully, we can prove without a doubt ricasantos18 IS OB. Otherwise, Tsikot will be in for a rough ride. In the meantime let’s try to be more prudent and respectful of others. It won’t hurt us to be so.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I've been away for several weeks and all I see is this? Whoah! Let me share some of my insights regarding this bruhaha.

Regardless if its Oldblue or not, Rica or anyone has the priviledge to join the forum, unless the Mods are very particular with the person's character per se. Did he/she violated any TOS or any agreement of Tsikot? Does Old Blue and Rica have the same IP? If yes, have the mods determined if it is static or dynamic IP? What if they share the same IP in the same household, are we to judge the other people living in the same household as Old Blue? I'm not pointing any fingers here nor does I intend to side with the other. I'm just kinda amused with the way people are acting here in this forum. Let's not be judgmental & personal with each other and not resort to character assasination. Let's all behave like grown ups and learn to agree on our disagreements and not disagree with our agreements.
    Last edited by mikaztro; January 23rd, 2008 at 03:48 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    By the way, here's a suggestion lang. Why not the moderators of this site have access to member's IP address. Just like in any other forums, the mods can see the IP of the posters. If say MOD 1 saw a particular poster who violated Tsikot rules, then he/she should check/log the IP and report immediately to the ADMIN for further evaluation, re-checking and for punitive actions needed.

The Mods can probably use this site to check the IP address location & IP address info::
    http://www.ip-adress.com/

If say another poster used the hot(not necessarily banned) IP, the Admins/Mods should notify immediately the person using it. I think banning the IP will not deter violators albeit it will delay in some instances, but will only further entertain chaos and dissension in particular. Any violators can easily use an internet cafe to do such. Let's just ban the nickname who've violated our rules. The Admin/Mods can easily ban a nick as fast as any person creating multiple accounts.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Guys... unfortunately, reportedly, OB already uses the dynamic IP trick.

I heard the rumor: rs18=OB before I logged on this morning, but I didn't realize this issue had gotten this far. Admittedly, the user ricasantos18 raised warning flags with me, too... typical troll-like behavior, but as long as said user did not violate the AUP of tsikot, no issue.

Personally... Who gives a darn? OB is on our boards elsewhere. If he does something goofy but harmless... we let it slide. He becomes abusive, ban him... (we just did)

Simple problem, simple solution. Identity doesn't matter... as long as the poster posts inocuous stuff, it's not an issue.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Goodbye Tsikot