New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    No direct flights. When I go to Cambodia (work related travel), via Thailand ako. Pwede mo gawin eh yun nga i.e. Manila-Ho Chi Minh, Ho Chi Minh-Seam Reap, Seam Reap Phnom Penh. I like Phnom Penh as it's kind of laid back but not much attractions for tourists.
    Is the Heart of Darkness still there? haven't been there in ages. Also I used to like an expat bar called Rubies and some of the Euro restos. To answer a previous question the Long Bongs are the convicted murderer and rapist Gang members from California Gov Arnold had deported back to Cambodia since their jails where filling up. One slipped a date rape drug on an Aussie friend of mine and luckily we got to her before they did.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Is the Heart of Darkness still there? haven't been there in ages. Also I used to like an expat bar called Rubies and some of the Euro restos. To answer a previous question the Long Bongs are the convicted murderer and rapist Gang members from California Gov Arnold had deported back to Cambodia since their jails where filling up. One slipped a date rape drug on an Aussie friend of mine and luckily we got to her before they did.
    Yup, 'still there. Memphis is a very good night spot as well although my friends and I frequent Talking to a Stranger more. Just sit around, listen to good music, drink Beer Lao and chat.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    Yup, 'still there. Memphis is a very good night spot as well although my friends and I frequent Talking to a Stranger more. Just sit around, listen to good music, drink Beer Lao and chat.
    Hahaha I now miss Beer Lao. I don't miss the Thai beer. Is that Chang? I wonder if the North Korean restaurant is still there near Toul Sleng. We used to joke they serve rocks there for lunch. Also should be an experience in itself. FCCC would be good to go to as well on Sisowath since that has that "historical" aspect. Recall meeting the guy who John Malkovich played in the Killing Fields there too.
    Last edited by gearhead; July 26th, 2010 at 05:36 PM.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Hahaha I now miss Beer Lao. I don't miss the Thai beer. Is that Chang? I wonder if the North Korean restaurant is still there near Toul Sleng. We used to joke they serve rocks there for lunch. Also should be an experience in itself. FCCC would be good to go to as well on Sisowath since that has that "historical" aspect. Recall meeting the guy who John Malkovich played in the Killing Fields there too.
    The NoKor resto near Toul Sleng is closed. Dunno if it closed for good or if it moved to another location. FCC is one other place I love to hangout at although I prefer Talking to a Stranger More.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Missing one more "C" for FCCC.

Are Cyrcee and Cathouse still there?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    my friends and i are planning a backpacking trip to cambodia next year - iyong tipong total diy. but we're still deciding which entry point is best (via malaysia, vietnam, or thailand) and which time of the year would be ideal (ayoko wet season at peak season sana).

any ideas would be helpful because we're still doing a lot of reading and asking around at the moment

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    buhayin lang natin ang thread, why is the airfare from Manila to Hanoi quite expensive? Around 10K one way? hirap maghanap ng mura.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    buhayin lang natin ang thread, why is the airfare from Manila to Hanoi quite expensive? Around 10K one way? hirap maghanap ng mura.
    Went to Hanoi from Manila November last year our airfare was around 6k round trip. Cebpac. I think di pa yun naka promo. Booked our tickets last August.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Parang sa amin P7K lang dati ah.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    which airline ito?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Vietnam and Cambodia