New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Very expensive. A short trip from Makati to Fort cost around 140-150. But of course, hassle free, maganda cars and very convenient as you pay via the app. Just ride and get off without exchanging cash.

I wonder how they got around LTFRB.
    LTFRB is looking for a way to charge them. So far wala pang nahahanap. :-) Basically private car owners sila na Uber equipped with their system. Hindi sya garahe ng kotse. Pwede kang rumaket as an Uber car basta pumasa ka sa requirements nila.

Pero mas mahal po ang pamasahe ng Uber car to Fort kung from Makati. Aabot sya ng average P200 :-) This is based sa weekday ride ko ng Uber from Makati Ave corner Paseo de Roxas to High Street BGC

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    may nakasubok na sa Grabtaxi?

libre daw sila for 2 months pag gumamit ka ng grabtaxi. eto pa yung kotse nila ngayon:

We booked a ride via GrabTaxi; what showed up surprised us | TopGear.com.ph

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Uber rate is 90.00 base fare, 2.10 per minute, 12.10 per km. They have rainy day promo now 50% off: 40.00 base fare, 2.10 per minute, 5.70 per km. Most of their vehicles are compacts and midsize sedans, there's even a E-class Benz.

As of now, Uber mainly operates in Fort, Makati CBD and MOA areas.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Time AND distance ang charge ng uber. So mejo mahal siya. Unlike regular taxi ng time or distance.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Uber is marketed as a premium service so it's really more expensive, it's implied in the name.
    Last edited by Walter; July 10th, 2014 at 10:46 AM.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Uber expensive

useful ito lalo na pag payday friday na sobrang hirap mag hanap ng regular taxi.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Has anyone tried availing the services of Uber? they're a company that offers private ride for a fee. from what i've read, basically they tie up with rent a car companies for the service vehicles. they have clean cars (i think they use Nissan Teana, Toyota Camry and Corolla, and Ford Fiesta) and courteous drivers, but their rate is more expensive than ordinary taxi. the only catch is they will charge the fare via credit card and most of the service vehicles are within Makati, Ortigas, and BGC only at the moment.

Rates are P90 + P12.92/km AND P2.10/minute

i might try their service this friday to the airport.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    They have promo now. It's 40 base fare + 2.20 / min & 5.70 / km.
    They used to have 700 fixed rate for airport but they recently removed it.
    If you use a promo code, you'll get free 300.00 credit. If you still don't have a promo code, you can use uberWALTERH.

Oh, and watch out for surge pricing during rush hours. There's also 50 to 100 cancellation fee.

Grab Taxi now has GrabCar service. It's similar to Uber but they aren't clear with their metering. With Grab Taxi, you just add 70.00 on top of the meter.
    Last edited by Walter; July 23rd, 2014 at 09:13 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think they have 40% off pa at the moment. I think until this week.

BTW, you can get 300pesos credit for your first ride. You can use my code: uberjejeje

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Rode Uber from Pasay Buendia to NAIA Terminal 3. There was heavy traffic at Tramo (should've taken Skyway). Total fare was 170.00 pesos. Have 300 pesos credit so didn't pay anything. Vehicle that picked up was a Toyota Innova. If you plan on registering use promo code uberWALTERH to get 300 pesos so you'll have free ride(s). Watch out for surge pricing though during peak hours.

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast